Assistant/Associate/Professor of Small Animal Internal Medicine
Posting Date: August 7, 2018 Posting End Date: Open Until Filled
Position: Assistant/Associate/Professor of Small Animal Internal Medicine (clinical track; tenure track) Location: College of Veterinary Medicine
Status: Full Time
In keeping with the President’s commitment to Tuskegee University seeking “Excellence in Every Way,” the ideal Professor will possess the willingness to use their expertise to assist in the university’s efforts to be a sustainable academic organization committed to excellence.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Participate in the tripartite mission of teaching, research and service
- Participate in effective classroom, clinical and laboratory instruction and supervision for veterinary students, graduate students, and interns
- Develop innovative teaching and service programs to enhance the Department and the College
- Advise students, interns, and graduate students
- Participate in providing client services to the Veterinary Medical Teaching Hospital (VMTH), with emphasis on, but not limited to Small Animal Internal Medicine
- Participate in community outreach service activities
- Demonstrate creative scholarship
- Engage in collaborative research activities in the College, the University and/or with collaborating colleges and universities
- Attend Department, College, and University meetings; serve on College and University committees
- Pursue professional activities, CE and expertise as well as providing continued support to the College of Veterinary Medicine.
- Participate in administering the Clinical Proficiency Examination to receive CE funding
- Perform other duties as assigned
- DVM, or equivalent degree and ACVIM or ECVIM (SAIM) board certification (candidates who are qualified to take the certification exam will be considered)
- Must have clinical experience and documented competency in small animal medicine
- Must possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Must have demonstrated ability to work with others in a collegial team environment
Commensurate with education, training and experience
**The statements contained in this job announcement reflect general details as necessary to describe the principal functions of this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required and the scope of responsibility. It should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. **
APPLICATIONS will be accepted in the Office of Human Resources. Each applicant, including all current/existing employees, must complete and submit a Tuskegee University employment application, resume/CV, (3) letters of reference (with detailed contact information) and copies of unofficial transcripts (official transcript(s) will be required upon hire). Applicants must meet the minimum qualifications and submit a completed application packet in order to be considered for the position. The University reserves the right not to fill the position in the event of budgetary or operational constraints.
Office of Human Resources
1200 West Montgomery Road
101 Kresge Center
Tuskegee, Alabama 36088
Email Address: [email protected] Fax: 334-724-4319
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer-Male/Female/Veteran/Disabled
Federal law requires identity and employment eligibility verifications on Form I-9 within three (3) business days of employment. Must be able to pass a drug screen and background check.