Director of Counseling and Student Health
Posting Date: March 16, 2020 Posting End Date: April 16, 2020
Position: Director Department: Counseling and Student Health
Status: Full-Time, Exempt
In keeping with the President’s commitment to Tuskegee University demonstrating “Excellence in Every Way”, the ideal Director will possess the willingness to use his or her expertise to assist in the university’s efforts to be a sustainable academic organization committed to excellence.
Essential Duties and Job Responsibilities
- Provides leadership and direction for the daily operations of Student Health and Counseling Services.
- Recruits, selects, trains, mentors and evaluates a diverse professional staff in health services and counseling services.
- Chair and convene a healthy campus advisory committee.
- Researches, develops and collaborates to implement a comprehensive health and well-being outreach program for students, including health, mental health, sexual health, alcohol and other drug education, sexual assault, and other key campus health issues. Collaborative partners include, but not limited to, athletics, residence life, fraternity and sorority life, student activities, diversity and inclusion, and Wellness.
- Maintains budget authority and oversight.
- Ensures counseling support to students, both individually and groups as needed.
- Advocates for and supports both individual students and the broad student experience by providing intervention support as part of the Student Affairs Team and the University crisis on-call response. Manages crises involving students as needed.
- Serves as a liaison to our attending physician regarding procedural changes or needs.
- Maintains all administrative compliance reporting including state immunization reports, Department of Health Services reporting, etc.
- Provides communication to students/families regarding student health insurance.
- Master's in counseling, health, nursing or related area
- Licensure with a minimum of five years’ progressive leadership experience required.
- LPC, LISW, LCSW, MD, DNP, EdD, Ph.D. and/or related administrative responsibilities in student health or counseling services on a college or university campus preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate a strong leadership vision for student health and well-being and inspire and engage in collaboration with a diverse student, faculty and staff constituency.
- Must participate in the on-call response.
Commensurate with education, training, and experience
**The statements contained in this job announcement reflect general details as necessary to describe the principal functions of this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required and the scope of responsibility. It should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. **
APPLICATIONS will be accepted in the Office of Human Resources. Each applicant, including all current/existing employees, must complete and submit a Tuskegee University employment application, resume/CV, a list of (3) to (5) references (with detailed contact information), copies of unofficial transcripts (official transcript(s) will be required upon hire), and a one-page diversity statement describing your commitment to and experience with diversity and inclusion. Within your letter, please indicate how you learned of this opening. Applicants must meet the minimum qualifications and submit a completed application packet in order to be considered for the position. The University reserves the right not to fill the position in the event of budgetary or operational constraints.
Human Resources Department
101 Kresge Center
Tuskegee, Alabama 36088
Email Address: [email protected] Fax: 334.724.4319
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer-Male/Female/Veteran/Disabled
Federal law requires identity and employment eligibility verifications on Form I-9 within three (3) business days of employment. Must be able to pass a drug screen and background check.