Director of Sports Medicine/Head Athletics Trainer
Posting Date: January 31, 2020 Posting End Date: March 30, 2020
Position: Head Athletics Trainer/Director of Sports Medicine Department: Athletics
Status: Full-time, exempt
In keeping with the President’s commitment to Tuskegee University demonstrating “Excellence in Every Way”, the ideal Director of Sports Medicine/Head Athletic Trainer will possess the willingness to use his or her expertise to assist in the university’s efforts to be a sustainable academic organization committed to excellence.
Essential Duties and Job Responsibilities
- Provide and manage athletic training services for the Tuskegee University Department of Athletics regarding the scheduling and coordination of athletic training staff and student-first responders for coverage of all team-related events, sports medicine budget, emergency care, patient education, and assure all administrative duties as Director of Sports Medicine.
- Primary contact for Vivature 3rd party reimbursement system.
- Serve as the insurance coordinator for secondary athletic insurance coverage as well as file and process claims.
- Coordinate and schedule annual pre-participation physical examinations, medical referrals, and mental health evaluations for student-athlete to determine return to play status.
- Update Emergency Action Plan and Concussion Management Plan for the sports medicine and athletic department annually.
- Site coordinator and administrator for NCAA Year-Round Drug Testing, NCAA Health Care Administrator
- Oversee inventory and tracking of all athletic training equipment and supplies.
- Coordinate transportation of student-athletes to medical appointments.
- Maintain athletic trainer yearly calendar of coverage.
- Develop plans for program enhancement and professional development for the sports medicine team.
- Bachelor’s degree from CAATE accredited athletic training program
- NATABOC Certification (provide a copy of BOC card)
- Member of the National Athletic Trainers’ Association (provide a copy of membership card)
- Eligible for Alabama State Licensure
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience in a collegiate athletic training setting
- Current Basic Life Support certification (AHA or ARC)
- Knowledge of injury reporting systems (injury-tracking software—Vivature)
- Experience as Insurance Coordinator
Commensurate with education, training and experience
**The statements contained in this job announcement reﬂect general details as necessary to describe the principal functions of this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required and the scope of responsibility. It should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. **
APPLICATIONS will be accepted in the Oﬃce of Human Resources. Each applicant, including all current/existing employees, must complete and submit a Tuskegee University employment application, resume/CV, three (3) letters of reference (with detailed contact information) and copies of unoﬃcial transcripts (oﬃcial transcript(s) will be required upon hire). Applicants must meet the minimum qualiﬁcations and submit a completed application packet in order to be considered for the position. The University reserves the right not to ﬁll the position in the even budgetary or operational constraints.
Attn: OHR Employment/Recruitment
1200 West Montgomery Road
101 Kresge Center
Tuskegee, Alabama 36088
Email Address: [email protected] | Fax: 334.724.4319
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer-Male/Female/Veteran/Disabled
Federal law requires identity and employment eligibility veriﬁcation on Form I-9 within three (3) business days of employment. Must be able to pass a drug screen and background check.