Assistant Professor of Physical Education (tenure-track)
Posting Date: August 6, 2018 Posting End Date: Open Until Filled
Position: Assistant Professor of Physical Education Location: School of Education- Physical Education
Status: Full Time (Tenure-Track)
In keeping with the President’s commitment to Tuskegee University seeking “Excellence in Every Way,” the ideal Assistant Professor will possess the willingness to use their expertise to assist in the university’s efforts to be a sustainable academic organization committed to excellence.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Teach undergraduate professional preparation courses as well as various activity courses required in the University’s Physical Education service program; Primary teaching responsibilities will include teaching in some of the following areas: Professional Preparation: (Kinesiology, Tests and Measurements, Organization and Administration, History, Philosophy and Principles of Physical Education, Motor Learning, Adaptive Physical Education, Curriculum and Methods of Teaching in Physical Education K-12). Physical Activity Courses: Golf, Aquatics, Archery, Track & Field, Gymnastics, Soccer, Softball, Basketball, Tennis, Badminton, Volleyball and Aquatics.
- Advise students in degree programs
- Serve on departmental and university-wide committees
- Perform all other duties as assigned
- Must have Doctorate in Physical Education
- Successful teaching experience at the College/University level
- Teaching experience within a multicultural environment are desired
- Applicants must show evidence of computer literacy, continued professional development activities and community service
Commensurate with education, training and experience
**The statements contained in this job announcement reflect general details as necessary to describe the principal functions of this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required and the scope of responsibility. It should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. **
APPLICATIONS will be accepted in the Office of Human Resources. Each applicant, including all current/existing employees, must complete and submit a Tuskegee University employment application, resume/CV, (3) letters of reference (with detailed contact information) and copies of unofficial transcripts (official transcript(s) will be required upon hire). Applicants must meet the minimum qualifications and submit a completed application packet in order to be considered for the position. The University reserves the right not to fill the position in the event of budgetary or operational constraints.
Office of Human Resources
1200 West Montgomery Road
101 Kresge Center
Tuskegee, Alabama 36088
Email Address: [email protected] Fax: 334-724-4319
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer-Male/Female/Veteran/Disabled
Federal law requires identity and employment eligibility verification on Form I-9 within three (3) business days of employment. Must be able to pass a drug screen and background check.