Assistant Professor of Small Animal Community Practice
Posting Date: Reposted September 9, 2019 Posting End Date: Open Until Filled
Position: Assistant Professor of Small Animal Community Practice Location: College of Veterinary Medicine
Status: Full Time
In keeping with the President’s commitment to Tuskegee University seeking “Excellence in Every Way,” the ideal Assistant Professor will possess the willingness to use their expertise to assist in the university’s efforts to be a sustainable academic organization committed to excellence.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Participate in the tripartite mission of teaching, clinical research, and service
- Participate in providing client services to the Veterinary Medical Teaching Hospital (VMTH), with emphasis on, but not limited to Small Animal Community Practice
- Provide supervision and training to students and rotating interns in physical examinations, diagnosis, treatment, general care and interpersonal communication (client, patient care team, etc.).
- Participate in clinical and laboratory instruction for and supervision and evaluation of veterinary students and interns with hands-on instruction, and case-based rounds or small-group didactic sessions
- Participate in didactic course instruction for and evaluation of veterinary students
- Development and teaching of assigned topics for the 3rd year Pre-clinical course, providing relevant test items to course coordinators, and providing student performance evaluations
- Participate in community outreach service activities
- Participate in clinical research and professional development
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Must have a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine or equivalent degree
- Successful completion of a rotating internship program is preferred; candidates who have at least years of small animal clinical and surgical experience will also be considered
- Must possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Must have demonstrated ability to work with others in a collegial team environment
Commensurate with education, training and experience
**The statements contained in this job announcement reflect general details as necessary to describe the principal functions of this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required and the scope of responsibility. It should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. **
APPLICATIONS will be accepted in the Office of Human Resources. Each applicant, including all current/existing employees, must complete and submit a Tuskegee University employment application, resume/CV, (3) to (5) letters of reference (with detailed contact information) and copies of unofficial transcripts (official transcript(s) will be required upon hire). Applicants must meet the minimum qualifications and submit a completed application packet in order to be considered for the position. The University reserves the right not to fill the position in the event of budgetary or operational constraints.
Office of Human Resources
1200 West Montgomery Road
101 Kresge Center
Tuskegee, Alabama 36088
Email Address: [email protected] Fax: 334-724-4319
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer-Male/Female/Veteran/Disabled
Federal law requires identity and employment eligibility verifications on Form I-9 within three (3) business days of employment. Must be able to pass a drug screen and background check.