Apr 15, 2020
A post-doctoral position is immediately available in the Division of Comparative Pathology at the Tulane National Primate Research Center, affiliated with the School of Medicine at Tulane University. The role will focus on working with recombinant proteins for initial immunogenicity with coronavirus. Candidates will conduct independent research requiring the use of research animals, as well as collaborate with research staff in experimental design, data analysis and manuscript writing.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: (Note: Only the following two criteria—one education and one experience—will be used for screening qualified applicant
- Terminal degree (PhD, MD, MD/PhD)
- Strong background in microbiology and/or immunology
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITITIES/COMPETENCIES TYPICALLY NEEDED TO PERFORM THIS JOB SUCCESSFULLY: (Note: The following criteria will not be used in screening qualified applicants but may be considered in the final decision-selection process of candidates interviewed.)
- High self-motivation and creativity.
- Experiences with immunological/virological technique
- Documented excellent skills for experimental design, data analysis and manuscript writing.
- Ability to effectively collaborate with other staff in the laboratory.
Candidates must apply in Interfolio and provide the following materials for submission:
- Cover Letter
- Contact Reference
Application review starts immediately and continues until the position is filled.