Public Health Adjunct Instructor
Position DetailsUNT System Overview
Welcome to the University of North Texas System, or UNT World as we like to call ourselves. UNT World includes the University of North Texas in Denton, the University of North Texas at Dallas and the University of North Texas Health Science Center in Fort Worth. We are the only university system based exclusively in the robust Dallas-Fort Worth region and we are committed to transforming lives and creating economic opportunity through education.
Over the past decade, combined UNTS enrollment has grown by more than 25 percent to nearly 44,000 students. UNT System institutions award more than 11,000 degrees each year – including the largest number of master’s and doctoral degrees in the DFW region. As DFW’s university system, UNT World offers a wide range of degree programs and academic initiatives across our campuses. With more than 300 bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral degree programs, as well as convenient campus locations and teaching centers located throughout North Texas, our system provides a wide array of opportunities.
The University of North Texas at Dallas invites applications for the position of Public Health Adjunct Instructor for Fall 2020 and/or Spring 2021.Position Summary
The number of vacancies is dependent on student enrollment, division needs, and dean approval. Your application cannot be considered until all required documents have been received.
Adjunct faculty plans classes and implements and evaluates teaching/learning objectives and student learning outcomes.
Adjunct faculty undertakes the divisional and professional responsibilities of a part-time faculty member, including office hours. The successful applicant will be expected to provide instruction in a full range of undergraduate Public Health courses, including Introduction to Public Health, Program Planning and Evaluation, Health Promotion, Health Policy, and Epidemiology.Minimum Qualifications
- A Master’s degree in Public Health with outstanding experience in teaching Public Health courses, OR
- Master’s degree in another health professions field with at least 18 graduate hours in Public Health with outstanding teaching experience in teaching developmental and lower-level courses.
- Doctorate in Public Health (DrPH, PhD) with significant outstanding teaching experience
- Successful experience teaching adults in a post-secondary institution
- Excellent communication skills in multicultural settings
- Experience teaching and developing online courses in the Canvas Learning Management System (Canvas)
ACCORDING TO ACADEMIC SCHEDULEDriving University VehicleNoSecurity SensitiveThis is a security sensitive position.EEO Statement
The University of North Texas System and its component institutions are committed to equal opportunity and comply with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University of North Texas System and its component institutions do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, and employment practices.Physical RequirementsSitting, Standing, Writing, Talk or Hear, Lifting up to 25 poundsPosting NumberA092PPosition End Date (if temporary)Special Instructions to Applicants
Submit a professional CV; letter of application that outlines applicant’s interest, qualifications and experience for the position; contact information for three professional references and unofficial graduate transcripts to http://unt-dallas.peopleadmin.com/. For additional information visit http://unt-dallas.peopleadmin.com or contact Dr. William Garner at [email protected] Statement of teaching interests and teaching philosophy may also be requested.
Review of applicants will begin immediately and continue until the search is closed.Quicklink for Postinghttp://jobs.untsystem.edu/postings/36762Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you a Master’s degree in Public Health with outstanding experience in teaching Public Health courses, ORMaster’s degree in another health professions field with at least 18 graduate hours in Public Health with outstanding teaching experience in teaching developmental and lower-level courses?
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- List of Names and Contact Information for 3 references