DescriptionUniversity of Colorado – School of EngineeringPost-Doctoral Fellow The University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.
The Translational Biomaterials Research Laboratory (TBRL) in the Bioengineering Department at the University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is looking for a highly motivated postdoctoral fellow who has experience in synthesis and engineering of functional biomaterials for tissue engineering application with special emphasis on neural or cardiac tissue engineering. This work will be funded by the NIH.
Duties in this position:
Salary and Benefits:
- Synthesizing and fabricating biomaterials
- Conducting cell culture and animal studies
- Writing animal protocol
- Attending regular meeting
- Helping PI write grants
- Managing lab safety
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services
. University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background checks for all new employees prior to their employment. The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities. Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line. Benefits: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/benefits
.Total Compensation Calculator: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/total-compensation Diversity and Equity:
Please click here for information on disability accommodations: http://www.ucdenver.edu/about/departments/HR/jobs/Pages/JobsatCUDenver.aspx
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
• Ph.D. in biomedical engineering, chemical engineering, materials science, or related disciplines. Preferred Requirements:
• A strong record of publications in peer-reviewed journals. • Experience in polymer chemistry, hydrogel synthesis and characterization, cell culture, and animal experiments is desired and a considerable plus. • The fellow is expected to work in a highly interdisciplinary environment and drive scientific and technical innovation with other members of the group • Outstanding communication skills including both oral and written presentation are required. Job Category:
Apr 15, 2020Unposting Date:
Share this job with your network:
Learn more on Inside Higher Ed's College Page for University