Staff Full TimeBenefit Status:
Salary commensurate with experience and grantApplications Open:
Jan 27 2021 Applications Close:
Open until filled
General Summary of Position:
The successful candidate will use computational tools at different length scales, including molecular-, micro- and mecro-level to simulate the mechanical behavior of composite structures from manufacturing to in-service performance. Different optimization techniques will be employed in assisting the design of materials and devices to achieve high efficiency and low environmental impact.
The initial appointment will be for ONE year with a possibility of renewal based on productivity and performance and the availability of funding.
Minimum Qualifications (Required):
- Ph.D. in Engineering or related area
- MATLAB, Fortran, Python, C++, Abaqus, Other FEM packages (COMSOL, ANSYS, NASTRAN, CUF)
- Computer programming, numerical methods for engineering, Finite Element Method (FEM), Deep understanding of solid mechanics and fracture mechanics
- Knowledge of higher-order FEM is highly valued but not required
- Scientific and interpersonal communication (individual and group meetings, presentations, written reports, journal publications, etc.)
Additional Considerations:Should demonstrate a minimum number of at least 2 publications in the fieldAbility to work independently, with limited direction, as well as within a team environment
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Only current UML Employees within the Grants & Contracts (MTA/GRACE) bargaining unit will be considered during the first 10 business days of the posting. All other candidates will be considered after that period.
Initial review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. However, the position may close when an adequate number of qualified applications is received.
This position is contingent upon funding. The initial appointment will be for ONE year with a possibility of renewal based on productivity and performance and the availability of funding.
Please include a resume, cover letter and research publications with your application. Names and contact information of three references will be required during the application process.