Posting DetailsPosition TitleBenefits AdministratorRequisition NumberSCA00391General Description
The Benefits Administrator supports the Director of Benefits in the administration and coordination of employee benefits, retirement programs, health and wellness programs and leaves of absence for the College’s staff employee population. This position administers the College’s benefit programs for all staff employees and retirees; including medical insurance, prescription drug plan, dental insurance, retirement plan, life insurance, short-term disability/IPB, long-term disability, FMLA, and retiree medical benefits.Specific Responsibilities
• Coordination and administration of the College’s benefit plans (medical, prescription drug, dental, retirement, life insurance, etc.) for all staff employees and retirees in accordance with College’s collective bargaining agreements, plan documents, and policies and procedures.
• Provide exceptional customer service in responding to benefit inquiries from managers and employees on plan provisions, benefit enrollments, status changes and other related inquiries.
• Accurate and timely processing of enrollments, life status changes and terminations of coverage with insurance carriers.
• Monitor employee status changes and maintain the accuracy of all benefits enrollments and changes in Banner.
• Serve as a liaison between employees and plan providers regarding any benefits claim issues and plan changes.
• Distribute required notifications and forms to inform employees of changes in eligibility.
• Process and administer all leave-of-absence requests and disability paperwork; including worker’s compensation, short-term disability, long-term disability, FMLA and income protection benefits.
• Collaborate and communicate effectively with ITS, HRIS and Payroll to ensure process efficiencies and compliance with annual reporting requirements.
• Effectively interpret FMLA and ADA implications as they relate to leaves of absences/disabilities and provide training and consultation to managers to ensure compliance.
• Review and process submitted medical documentation for STD, LTD and FMLA in a timely manner; contacting physicians to obtain updated medical information, when needed.
• In consultation with the Director of Benefits, schedule Independent Medical Evaluations, evaluate return-to-work strategies, and proactively resolve return-to-work issues.
• Assist in the development and update of employee benefit communication materials, policies, procedures, and forms.
• Respond to inquiries regarding retirement plan enrollments, contributions and plan changes in a timely manner.
• Assist the Director with annual open enrollment and benefit related events and initiatives.
• Distribute benefits enrollment materials based on eligibility.
• Assist the Director in the development, implementation and communication of employee wellness initiatives, benefit fairs and related programs.
• Coordinate and process leave benefits such as sick, vacation, personal, compensated time, and bereavement.
• Facilitate the benefits portion of the HR department’s new employee orientation sessions.
• Oversee Tuition Remission benefits for employees, dependents and retirees. Review tuition remission applications and verify employee and dependent status.
• Review and approve employee eligibility for the forgivable loan program.
• Advise employees and retirees of the status of benefits upon exiting the College and provide required documentation needed for the continuation of benefits.
• Remain abreast of relevant compliance matters and government regulations.
• Prepare, audit and analyze various reports to ensure compliance with the collective bargaining agreement and applicable laws and regulations.
• Maintain confidentiality and security of medical records and related data.
• Deliver quality customer services to both internal and external constituents in a professional, helpful and courteous manner.
• Other duties as assigned.Minimum Qualifications
• Associate’s degree required.
• Three (3) years of related experience in benefits administration required.
• Demonstrated understanding of current regulatory environment for benefits-related issues.
• Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills required.
• Ability to multi-task and establish priorities in a rapidly changing environment required.
• Demonstrated proficiency using Microsoft Word and Excel required.
• Experience using enterprise-wide system required.
• Excellent organizational skills required.
• Ability to collaborate well with others and work effectively in a team required.
• Ability to demonstrate initiative, critical thinking and problem solving skills required.
• Ability to demonstrate thorough understanding of benefits administration and related federal, state, and local laws required.
• Strong analytical skills, attention to detail and customer-service orientation required.
• Ability to maintain sensitivity, understanding and respect for a diverse academic environment, inclusive of students, faculty, and staff of varying social, economic, cultural, ideological and ethnic backgrounds required.Preferred Qualifications
• Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or a related field preferred. Any and all degree(s) must be from a regionally accredited institution of higher learning.
• Experience in benefits administration within a higher education or unionized environment preferred.
• Benefits related certification preferred.
• Ellucian Banner preferred.Work LocationMain CampusBenefitsSpecial Instructions to Applicants
*Interested persons should complete an online application.
*Cover letter of interest and resume REQUIRED.
*Names and contact information of 3 professional references OPTIONAL.
Review of applications will commence on April 30, 2020 and will continue until the position is filled.
Applicants must be legally eligible to work in the U.S.
Community College of Philadelphia is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity and Equal Access Employer. The College encourages applications from individuals from traditionally underrepresented groups.Salary Grade or RankIIISalary RangeSalary commensurate with relevant work experienceJob Posting Open Date04/09/2020Job Posting Close DateType of PositionAdministratorJob CategoryEmployment Status Full-TimeSupplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about Community College of Philadelphia?
- The Chronicle
- Veterans Job Fair
- Professional & Technology Diversity Career Fair
- AL DIA - Diversity Career Fair
- Community College of Philadelphia Website
- * If your answer to the above question is Other, please note the source below. If this question does not apply to you, enter N/A.
(Open Ended Question)
- * What is the highest level of education you have completed?
- No Response
- High School/GED
- Associates Degree
- Bachelor's Degree
- Master's Degree
- * Do you have a Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or related field?
- * Do you have three (3) years of related experience in benefits administration?
- * Do you have experience in benefits administration within a higher education or unionized environment?
- * Do you have experience using an enterprise-wide system?
- * Do you have experience using Banner by Ellucian?
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application