Social Media Coordinator
Community College of Philadelphia
Community College of Philadelphia is dedicated to promoting a work environment which attracts and retains talented and diverse faculty and staff, and which challenges each of us to achieve at the highest level while contributing to the mission of the College. We value and support a culturally diverse and intellectually dynamic community to prepare our students for global citizenship. Join us as we transition from our first 50 years into the next and build upon a legacy that will impact the city of Philadelphia and beyond.Community College of Philadelphia is seeking to fill a Social Media Coordinator position. The Social Media Coordinator is responsible for managing the College's social media presence, maximizing brand visibility and audience engagement while continuously measuring and reporting message performance. The coordinator is responsible for crafting all social media messaging and managing production for assets including graphics, video and social toolkits. As the College's chief social media enthusiast and evangelizer, this position also supports other colleagues throughout the College who are interested in starting and maintaining College-related social accounts for their areas. The coordinator is responsible for collaborating with faculty and staff College-wide to ensure that the College's social presence adequately captures the breadth of the community experience. The coordinator is responsible for managing and mentoring student workers, and is expected to stay abreast of industry trends in order to make recommendations about early adoption for new platforms. The coordinator will also work with the Director of Marketing to manage College's paid social marketing campaigns.
For a complete position description, and to apply online, please visit our career site at jobs.ccp.edu, or click the “Apply” button.
Community College of Philadelphia recognizes that our employees are important and vital to our success. We offer a high-quality, comprehensive program of benefits, which represents an important component of total compensation.
Our benefits include:
- Medical, dental and prescription drug plans for employee and all of their eligible family members
- College-paid life and disability insurance
- College closes for Winter Break the week between Christmas and New Years and for a week in March for Spring Break
- Tuition remission (for classes at the College)
- Forgivable tuition loan (for classes at any accredited academic institution)
- 403(b) retirement plan with 10% College contribution
- Healthcare and Dependent Care flexible spending accounts
- College operates on a 4-day work week during the summer months
- Paid vacation plus holiday and personal time off
Community College of Philadelphia is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.Minimum Qualifications
• Bachelor's Degree in marketing, communications or a related field required. Any and all degree(s) must be from a recognized accredited institution of higher learning.
• At least two (2) years of related work experience with an emphasis in online marketing and advertising required.
• Media buying experience with an emphasis on online media required.
• Experience with online tracking, analysis and reporting required.
• Demonstrated understanding of online marketing principles required.
• Excellent writing and editing skills, including working knowledge of writing for search engine optimization is required.
• Proficiency in online strategy, including social media, mobile media, digital campaigns, and content distribution required.
• Excellent knowledge of online social media environment, including trends in online, mobile and multimedia environments required.
• Demonstrated creativity and initiative to effectively execute ideas to completion is required.
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail required.
• Excellent computer skills to include Internet proficiency and Microsoft Office required.
• Ability to multitask and meet tight deadlines required.
• An understanding of, and sensitivity to, the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds of community college staff and students required.
• Knowledgeable of mobile marketing and technology trends as they relate to higher education is preferred.