Social Media Coordinator
Posting DetailsPosition TitleSocial Media CoordinatorRequisition NumberSCA00393General Description
The Social Media Coordinator is responsible for managing the College’s social media presence, maximizing brand visibility and audience engagement while continuously measuring and reporting message performance. The coordinator is responsible for crafting all social media messaging and managing production for assets including graphics, video and social toolkits. As the College’s chief social media enthusiast and evangelizer, this position also supports other colleagues throughout the College who are interested in starting and maintaining College-related social accounts for their areas. The coordinator is responsible for collaborating with faculty and staff College-wide to ensure that the College’s social presence adequately captures the breadth of the community experience. The coordinator is responsible for managing and mentoring student workers, and is expected to stay abreast of industry trends in order to make recommendations about early adoption for new platforms. The coordinator will also work with the Director of Marketing to manage College’s paid social marketing campaigns.Specific Responsibilities
• Maintain the College’s social media accounts, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, etc.
• Provide assistance to other areas of the College in starting and maintaining their social media accounts, and incorporating their content into the College’s main social media accounts.
• Provide ongoing analysis and reporting of social media data, and provide recommendations to best leverage social media in achieving marketing, recruitment and retention goals.
• Conduct research to identify online and mobile marketing and technology trends, particularly as they relate to higher education and community colleges, to support College-wide recruitment, enrollment, retention and community engagement initiatives.
• Identify mobile opportunities and trends, and coordinate the mobile portion of the media buy.
• Assist the Director of Marketing in support of the overall marketing and communication objectives of the College.
• Provide assistance, as needed, on updates to the College website.
• Assist with the timely development and delivery of online advertising materials as indicated by the annual advertising schedule and production schedule updates.
• Deliver quality customer services to both internal and external constituents in a professional, helpful and courteous manner.
• Other duties as assigned.Minimum Qualifications
• Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, communications or a related field required. Any and all degree(s) must be from a recognized accredited institution of higher learning.
• At least two (2) years of related work experience with an emphasis in online marketing and advertising required.
• Media buying experience with an emphasis on online media required.
• Experience with online tracking, analysis and reporting required.
• Demonstrated understanding of online marketing principles required.
• Excellent writing and editing skills, including working knowledge of writing for search engine optimization is required.
• Proficiency in online strategy, including social media, mobile media, digital campaigns, and content distribution required.
• Excellent knowledge of online social media environment, including trends in online, mobile and multimedia environments required.
• Demonstrated creativity and initiative to effectively execute ideas to completion is required.
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail required.
• Excellent computer skills to include Internet proficiency and Microsoft Office required.
• Ability to multitask and meet tight deadlines required.
• An understanding of, and sensitivity to, the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds of community college staff and students required.Preferred Qualifications
• Knowledgeable of mobile marketing and technology trends as they relate to higher education is preferred.Work LocationMain CampusBenefitsSpecial Instructions to Applicants
*Interested persons should complete an online application.
*Cover letter of interest and resume REQUIRED.
*Names and contact information of 3 professional references OPTIONAL.
Review of applications will commence on April 21, 2020 and will continue until the position is filled.
Applicants must be legally eligible to work in the U.S.
Community College of Philadelphia is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity and Equal Access Employer. The College encourages applications from individuals from traditionally underrepresented groups.Salary Grade or RankIISalary RangeSalary commensurate with relevant work experienceJob Posting Open Date04/07/2020Job Posting Close DateType of PositionAdministratorJob CategoryEmployment Status Full-TimeSupplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about Community College of Philadelphia?
- The Chronicle
- Veterans Job Fair
- Professional & Technology Diversity Career Fair
- AL DIA - Diversity Career Fair
- Community College of Philadelphia Website
- * If your answer to the above question is Other, please note the source below. If this question does not apply to you, enter N/A.
(Open Ended Question)
- * What is the highest level of education you have completed?
- No Response
- High School/GED
- Associates Degree
- Bachelor's Degree
- Master's Degree
- * Do you have two (2) years of related work experience with an emphasis on online marketing and advertising?
- * Do you have media buying experience with an emphasis on online media?
- * Do you have xperience with online tracking, analysis, and reporting?
- * Are you knowledgeable of mobile marketing and technology trends as they relate to higher education?
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application