Adjunct Faculty- CID Core Curriculum
Job location: Commerce TAMUC
Employment Type: Part-time
Posted data: 2020-04-02
Job TitleAdjunct Faculty- CID Core CurriculumAgencyTexas A&M University - CommerceDepartmentCollege of Innovation and DesignProposed Minimum SalaryCommensurateJob LocationCommerce, TexasJob TypeFacultyJob Description
The Adjunct Faculty (CID Core Curriculum) for the College of Innovation and Design is a part time, non tenure track position.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- As assigned by the Academic Department Head and under the direction of the Dean, serve as instructor of record for discipline-specific courses within the College of Innovation and Design.
- Responsible for providing instruction and on-demand assistance with content in the general education/core courses. The primary role of the adjunct faculty is to engage the student during the learning process and provide student-centered approaches to instruction. Additionally, the adjunct faculty member will be expected to provide timely feedback and evaluation/assessment on assignments and issues that might affect student success.
- Deliver classroom, blended/hybrid and/or online course instruction in regular or accelerated formats, utilizing innovative techniques to engage students and meet their learning needs.
- Respond to student inquiries within 24 hours and provide timely feedback on assignments, assessments, and evaluations to ensure student progression through competencies and other course materials.
- Be fully active in creating and maintaining a positive learning environment that fosters student success and completion of activities in a timely manner.
- Utilize student metrics/data to provide assistance to individual students regarding progress and evaluation of course activities and maintain an up-to-date gradebook in D2L.
- Work with struggling students by providing them with one to one support, collaborating with, and/or referring to academic success teams and concierge, as needed.
- Ensure course materials are maintained, updated, finalized and ready/complete for subject area each term.
- Participate in departmental and program reviews and with members of the advisory committee(s) and program staff regarding curriculum materials for the subject area, individual student needs, and any other program areas, as needed.
- Submit institutional effectiveness data.
- Complete all required trainings in a timely manner.
- Education: Master’s degree in the field/subject area or related master’s degree with 18-graduate hours in field/subject area.
- Experience / Knowledge / Skills: Proficient with computers and Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel. Excellent organizational and written/verbal communication skills. Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to: Multi-task and work well as part of a team.
- Licensing/Professional Certifications:
- Physical Requirements:
- Other Requirements: Hold a current State of Texas Driver’s License. Position will require work after business hours and on weekends.
PREFERRED EDUCATION / SKILLS/ EXPERIENCE:
- Terminal degree in the teaching field (ABDs considered).
- Ability to teach general education courses in the following disciplines: English, Math, Political Science, History, Communication Science, Philosophy, Integrated Science, Environmental Science, Psychology, Sociology, Art
- Evidence of community college/university-level teaching experience with a commitment to high-quality teaching.
- Experience teaching online courses at the college level.
- Experience teaching competency-based courses or courses for adult completers.
- Experience with learning management systems such as eCollege, Blackboard or D2L.
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANT:
During the application process you have one opportunity to upload documents as a combined PDF. The page “My Experience” has an area provided under Resume/CV to drop or upload the file.
This one combined PDF must include:
- Cover Letter
- Three professional references with complete contact information (Unsolicited letters of recommendation will not be considered).
- Transcripts – If required for the position (Unofficial will be accepted with application. Official transcripts are required at time of verbal offer).
If transcripts are from an international institution, it is the responsibility of the prospective faculty member to have the transcripts translated and evaluated by an approved credential evaluator.
All documents must be electronically submitted through the Texas A&M Online Employment Services website to be considered. Incomplete or improperly submitted applications may be excluded from consideration.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.