Posting DetailsPosition Information Position TypeClassifiedJob TitleMaintenance CoordinatorClassification TitleMaintenance CoordinatorCampus LocationASU Heber SpringsJob Description
Arkansas State University-Beebe, a comprehensive two-year community college and part of the Arkansas State University System, is seeking a Maintenance Coordinator for the Heber Springs Campus.
The Maintenance Coordinator works under the administrative direction of the Physical Plant Director and is responsible for overseeing plant maintenance actvities associated with building, equipment and grounds maintenance needs at the Heber Springs Campus.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Direct supervision of full-time and part-time employees.
2. Purchasing and reconciliation through POISE system, management of state purchasing card, filing and retention of records.
3. Project management including new construction, major repairs and upgrades Maintain files and records for these.
4. Facility, support equipment and motorpool equipment maintenance.
5. Regular inspection of buildings and grounds to identify repairs needed or safety issues.
6. Maintain compliance with local, state and federal laws and specifications.
7. Coordinate set-up and preparation for events with administrative personnel.
8. Be available for after-hour and weekend emergencies. On call 24 hrs a day for fire alarm and elevator monitoring.
9. Maintain a preventive maintenance schedule and service records for building support equipment.
10. Perform other duties as needed (electrical, HVAC, miscellaneous repairs).
NOTE: If you are a veteran, disabled veteran, or spouse of a deceased veteran and would like Veteran’s Preference, we will need to see proof of status in order to grant that. Please see Veteran’s Preference section of the application for specific proof.SalaryRequired Qualifications
Knowledge of a specialized field (however acquired), equivalent of four years in high school, plus night, trade extension, or correspondence school specialized training, equal to two years of college, plus 5 years related experience and/or training, and 5 years related management experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.Preferred QualificationsMinimum Salary or Salary Range$32,249 Physical Activities StandfrequentlyWalkfrequentlySitfrequentlyUse hand to finger, handle, or feelfrequentlyReach with hands and armsfrequentlyClimb or balanceregularlyStoop, kneel, crouch or crawloccasionallyTalk or HearregularlyTaste or smellregularly Physical Exertion Up to 10 poundsregularlyUp to 25 poundsregularlyUp to 50 poundsoccasionallyMore than 100 poundsUp to 100 pounds Vision Requirements Does this position have any special vision requirements? Check all that apply.Close vision, Distance vision, Color vision, Peripheral vision, Depth perception, Ability to adjust focus Posting Detail Information Background Check Statement
This position will be subject to a pre-employment criminal, sex-offender registry background check. In cases where pre-determined, an additional financial/credit history/ background check may be required as well. Convictions that have been sealed or legally eradicated and misdemeanor convictions for which probation was completed and the case was dismissed, will be excluded. Disclosure does not constitute an automatic bar to employment. Factors such as dates of the offense, seriousness and nature of the violation, rehabilitation and position applied for will be taken into account.Background Check RequirementsBothASU Beebe EEO Statement
Arkansas State University-Beebe shall provide equal opportunity for employment to all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status, and shall strive to achieve full and equal employment opportunity throughout our campuses for faculty and staff. Our goal is to foster a workplace community where individuals are valued for their diverse backgrounds and differences.Posting NumberC2532014Open Date03/09/2020Close Date04/15/2020Open Until FilledNoSpecial Instructions to Applicants
NOTE: If you are a veteran, disabled veteran, or spouse of a deceased veteran and would like Veteran’s Preference, we will need to see proof of status in order to grant that. Please see Veteran’s Preference section of the application for specific proof.Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcripts
- Proof of Veteran's Preference
- State of Arkansas HVAC License