Student Facilitator, KEYS
Posting DetailsPosition TitleStudent Facilitator, KEYSRequisition NumberSCA00389General Description
Keystone Education Yields Success (KEYS) is a collaborative program between the Pennsylvania Department of Human Services (DHS) and the Pennsylvania Commission for Community Colleges. The program is designed to assist student recipient of Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) and Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) attending Pennsylvania’s community colleges and ensure the successful completion of the students’ course of study, enhance employability and job readiness. Under the supervision of the Project Director, KEYS, the Student Facilitator will work directly with students, provide intensive case management, and facilitate/coordinate activities for students to promote academic success, address barriers to education and prepare for employment at a family-sustaining wage.
This is a temporary, grant-funded position. Employment is based on the continuation of grant funding.Specific Responsibilities
• Establish initial contact with all new students referred to the program.
• Provide support for assigned students enrolled in certificate and/or associate degree programs (on Main Campus and at the College’s Regional Centers).
• Maintain thorough working knowledge of necessary regulations pertaining to TANF and SNAP regulations in employment and training programs.
• Document and data enter student attendance, service plans and academic progress/status in compliance with BETP/DHS requirements and maintain electronic and manual files for assigned students.
• Maintain up-to-date database of pertinent student personal and academic information for review and reporting.
• Assure student compliance in meeting TANF work participation requirements and complete required documentation.
• Conduct and facilitate orientations, regular and ongoing status meetings and enrichment workshops to enhance academic, career and professional development.
• Sustain on-going contact with assigned students and assist them in obtaining supportive services from the County Assistance Office and/or other community resource agencies.
• Monitor student academic progress, in consultation with the Project Director each semester, and refer to College resources such as tutoring and counseling as appropriate.
• Provide guidance to students on educational and career pathways related to majors to support program outcome guidelines.
• Coordinate and accompany students to relevant off-campus activities.
• Collaborate with Job Developer and attend career fairs and other employment outreach activities as needed for the purposes of supporting students’ career readiness.
• Deliver quality customer services to both internal and external constituents in a professional, helpful and courteous manner.
• Maintains sensitivity, understanding, and respect for a diverse academic environment, inclusive of students, faculty, and staff of varying social, economic, cultural, ideological and ethnic backgrounds.
• Perform other duties as assigned.Minimum Qualifications
• Bachelor’s degree in education, social work, human services or related field required. All degree(s) must be from a regionally accredited institution of higher learning.
• Two (2) years of experience working with disadvantaged populations, one (1) of which must be with TANF and SNAP clients for the purposes of employment and training required.
• Demonstrated knowledge of community resources for meeting the needs of TANF and SNAP clients required.
• Thorough knowledge of and experience working with TANF and SNAP regulations in an employment and training program required.
• Expertise in human/social services, case management and workshop facilitation required.
• Ability to present information and speak in public required.
• Excellent interpersonal, organizational, time management, oral and written communication skills and the ability to work with a team and collaborate with others across departments and disciplines required.
• Demonstrated computer proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and Power Point required.
• Ability to maintain sensitivity, understanding and respect for a diverse academic environment inclusive of students, faculty and staff of varying social economic, cultural, ideological and ethnic backgrounds required.Preferred Qualifications
• Experience in a higher education setting preferred.
• Knowledge of Commonwealth Workforce Development System software (CWDS) preferred.
• Computer proficiency in Microsoft Access and Publisher preferred.Work LocationMain CampusBenefitsSpecial Instructions to Applicants
*Interested persons should complete an online application.
*Cover letter of interest and resume REQUIRED.
*Names and contact information of 3 professional references OPTIONAL.
Review of applications will commence on March 9, 2020 and will continue until the position is filled.
Applicants must be legally eligible to work in the U.S.
Community College of Philadelphia is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity and Equal Access Employer. The College encourages applications from individuals from traditionally underrepresented groups.Salary Grade or RankISalary RangeSalary commensurate with relevant work experienceJob Posting Open Date02/24/2020Job Posting Close DateType of PositionAdministrator - TempJob CategoryEmployment Status Full-TimeSupplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about Community College of Philadelphia?
- The Chronicle
- Veterans Job Fair
- Professional & Technology Diversity Career Fair
- AL DIA - Diversity Career Fair
- Community College of Philadelphia Website
- * If your answer to the above question is Other, please note the source below. If this question does not apply to you, enter N/A.
(Open Ended Question)
- * What is the highest level of education you have completed?
- No Response
- High School/GED
- Associates Degree
- Bachelor's Degree
- Master's Degree
- * Do you have two (2) years of experience working with disadvantaged populations?
- * Do you have one (1) year of experience working with TANF and SNAP clients for the purposes of employment and training?
- * Do you have demonstrated knowledge of community resources for meeting the needs of TANF and SNAP clients?
- * Do you have expertise in human/social services case management and workshop facilitation?
- * Do you have experience in a higher education setting?
- * Do you have knowledge of Commonwealth Workforce Development System (CWDS) software?
- * Are you proficient in Microsoft Access and Publisher?
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application