Adjunct Non-Credit English as a Second Language (ESL) Instructor - POOL - MJC
Posting DetailsJob TitleAdjunct Non-Credit English as a Second Language (ESL) Instructor - POOL - MJCSite:Modesto Junior CollegeSalary Range / Other
The Hourly Range: $58.21 – $93.06
Doctorate Range: $68.60 to 95.51
Personnel new to the District are limited to a maximum 10th step placement based on previous experience: $90.37.Benefits
Not Eligible for Benefits:
With the exception of Workers’ Compensation coverage, not eligible to participate in the District’s benefit programs.
Scope of Assignment:
Teaching Non-Credit English for Life and Work (ELW) coursesMinimum Qualifications
Bachelor’s degree in teaching English as a second language, or teaching English to speakers of other languages
OR Bachelor’s degree in education, English, linguistics, applied linguistics, any foreign language, composition, bilingual/bicultural studies, reading, or speech; and a certificate in teaching English as a second language, which may be completed concurrently during the first year of employment as a noncredit instructor
OR Bachelor’s degree with any of the majors specified in subparagraph (2) above; and one year of experience teaching English as a second language in an accredited institution; and a certificate in teaching English as a second language, which may be completed concurrently during the first two years of employment as a noncredit instructor
OR Possession of a full-time, clear California Designated Subjects Adult Education Teaching Credential authorizing instruction in English as a second language.
EQUIVALENCY: If you do not possess the exact degrees listed in MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS or if you anticipate receiving the required degree prior to the start of teaching classes, please complete the Equivalency process. The
District has adopted equivalency procedures which enables applications by individuals not possessing qualifications listed above. For more information on equivalency, go to https://www.yosemite.edu/recruitment/equivalency_policy_and_procedures
Choose: Equivalency Policy and Procedures. When requesting equivalency, attach a completed “Determination of Equivalency” form along with the equivalency application documents required.
Desirable Professional Characteristics:
Experience teaching adult education English Language courses, preferably at a community college. Experience learning or teaching a foreign language.Example of Duties
Example of DutiesTeach English language life and work skills competencies for beginning through intermediate English for Life and Work courses; preparation of materials; grading student work; maintaining an effective classroom environment and workspace. Some teaching assignments may take place in area communities.Special Instructions to Applicants
Applications are accepted online only at:
Select Job Openings, Select Search Jobs, Select Job Title, Create an account and Apply to this job.
The District may hire more than one applicant with this applicant pool.
Applications will be reviewed by a screening committee which will select candidates to be interviewed. After interviews, a recommendation will be forwarded to the President, Chancellor, and Board of Trustees.
The screening committee will evaluate all applications. Those applicants selected for personal interview will be notified by letter or phone. In accordance with Board policy official offers of employment will be made only by the Chancellor or Vice Chancellor/Human Resources, YCCD. Final appointment is subject to confirmation by the Board of Trustees.
Federal law requires the District employ only US citizens and aliens authorized to work in the United States. Written verification of employment eligibility is required.
NOTE: A background investigation of new employees is required, including reference checks and a state criminal history report. Employment will not begin until the history check has been cleared by Human Resources. The cost for the criminal history report will be the responsibility of the successful candidate.
YCCD is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.Licenses and CertificatesOpen Date02/14/2018Close DateOpen Until FilledYesSupplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you a U.S. Citizen?
- * If you are not a U.S. citizen, are you legally authorized to work in the U.S.?
- I am a U.S. citizen question does not apply
- * Describe any personal or professional experiences which have prepared you to teach in the unique environment of California Community College:
(Open Ended Question)
- * Describe experiences, which demonstrate knowledge and understanding of two of the following: <ul><li type=square>Curricula or services which stress innovation<li type=square>Accommodations of various student learning styles <li type=square>Activities which promote currency and professional growth in subject area.<li type=square>Effective participation in leadership and management </ul>
(Open Ended Question)
- * To avoid conflict of interest, Yosemite Community College District, YCCD, permits employment of near relatives only under certain conditions. Are any of your near relatives; a child, parent, spouse or domestic partner, sibling, or in-laws or step relatives in the relationships listed, currently employed by YCCD, that includes Modesto Junior College, Columbia College or the District Office?Respond YES or NO.IF YES - it is required that you provide the name or names of the person or persons along with their position title in the space provided for response.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Please tell us how you heard about this job announcement:
- Job Fair
- YCCD Recruitment Website
- YCCD Email
- CCC Registry
- * Do you possess a Bachelor's degree in the field being recruited?
- Currently pursuing degree
- Resume / Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcript (Attach all college transcripts)
- List of Professional References
- Letter of Reference 1
- Letter of Reference 2
- Letter of Reference 3
- List of Graduate Courses