Adjunct Faculty Librarian- MJC
Posting DetailsJob TitleAdjunct Faculty Librarian- MJCSite:Modesto Junior CollegeSalary Range / Other
The Hourly Range: $58.21 – $93.06
Doctorate Range: $68.60 to 95.51
Personnel new to the District are limited to a maximum 10th step placement based on previous experience: $90.37.Benefits
With the exception of Workers’ Compensation benefits; this classification is not eligible for District paid benefits.Scope of Assignment
Modesto Junior College (MJC) is seeking an adjunct librarian to be in an on-going pool or to substitute as needed. Hours can include evenings or weekends. MJC librarians teach effective research strategies in print and online resources and provide reference services in a multimedia environment to students and faculty.Minimum Qualifications
Master’s Degree in Library Science or Library and Information Science (MLS or MLIS from an ALA-accredited program) OR a California Community College Instructor credential appropriate to the subject OR the equivalent.Desirable Qualifications
Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing; familiarity with information compentency/literacy concepts and programs; experience providing instruction in an academic library and in the classroom; experience teaching classes utilizing effective search strategies to access resources; awareness of various learning styles and teaching strategies; enthusiastic approach to working collaboratively with students and faculty; willingness to facilitate students’ learning by working to develop varied and innovative learning environments; interest in promoting library services to a multicultural population; experience with HTML, multimedia and presentation software; experience with Libguides and various electronic databases, such as Gale and EBSCO; excellent interpersonal and team collaboration skills; knowledge of AACRII revised, RDA, Library of Congress subject headings, MARC format, OCLC; experience with collection development.Desirable Professional CharacteristicsExample of Duties
Assist students with reference questions and conduct bibliographic instruction (B.I.)for a wide range of classes. May need to assist at circulation desk checking in and out materials. Bibliographic Instruction is conducted at the request of the instructor; hence, no established times are available at this moment. Instruction takes place any time of the day and evening. Some collection development may be needed.Special Instructions to Applicants
May involve evenings. Library is open from 7:30 a.m. – 8:30 p.m. Monday through Friday and 8:15 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. on Saturday. Work day will vary from 4-8 hours.
Adjunct pools remain open for up to twelve (12) months. Applications will be viewed by Departments throughout that time on an “as need” basis near and/or at the beginning of each semester. Once your application is submitted to this system you will not be able to update your materials. To reactivate an application contact the system’s administrator, Kathren Pritchard at 209-575-6901. This posting is designed to create a pool of qualified applicants to serve as an Adjunct Librarian at MJC.Licenses and CertificatesOpen Date12/03/2014Close DateOpen Until FilledYesSupplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you a U.S. Citizen?
- * If you are not a U.S. citizen, are you legally authorized to work in the U.S.?
- I am a U.S. citizen question does not apply
- * Describe any personal or professional experiences which have prepared you to teach in the unique environment of California Community College:
(Open Ended Question)
- * Describe experiences, which demonstrate knowledge and understanding of two of the following:1. Curricula or services which stress innovation:2. Accommodations of various student learning styles:3. Activities which promote currency and professional growth in subject area:4. Effective participation in leadership and management:
(Open Ended Question)
- * Do you possess the Master's degree or the Bachelor's/Master's degree listed in the Minimum Qualifications for this position?
- No- If No, applicant must submit an Equivalency Form to be considered for this position. The form, policy, and procedures can be found at http://www.yosemite.edu/recruitment/equivalency_policy_and_procedures
- * Please tell us how you heard about this job announcement:
- Job Fair
- YCCD Recruitment Website
- YCCD Email
- CCC Registry
- Resume / Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcript (Attach all college transcripts)
- List of Professional References
- List of Graduate Courses