Adjunct Faculty Librarian- Columbia College
Posting DetailsJob TitleAdjunct Faculty Librarian- Columbia CollegeSite:Columbia CollegeSalary Range / Other
The Hourly Range: $58.21 – $93.06
Doctorate Range: $68.60 to 95.51
Personnel new to the District are limited to a maximum 10th step placement based on previous experience: $90.37.Benefits
With the exception of Workers’ Compensation benefits; this classification is not eligible for District paid benefits.Scope of Assignment
To cover for the full time Faculty Librarian during her tenure as Senate Elect. There are no set dates or times established. This will be an as needed basis. The Librarian’s tenure as Senate Elect begins Summer 2014 and will continue until Summer 2015. (The Senate Elect position is 20% overload.)Minimum Qualifications
Master’s Degree in Library Science or Library and Information Science (MLS or MLIS from an ALA-accredited program) OR a California Community College Instructor credential appropriate to the subject OR the equivalent.Desirable Qualifications
Familiarity with subscription databases, such as Gale and Ebsco, is strongly desired.Desirable Professional CharacteristicsExample of Duties
Assist students with reference questions and conduct bibliographic instruction (B.I.)for a wide range of classes. May need to assist at circulation desk checking in and out materials. Bibliographic Instruction is conducted at the request of the instructor, hence; no established times are available at this moment. Instruction takes place any time of the day and evening. (The librarian conducted 82 B.I’s 2013-14).Special Instructions to Applicants
May involve evenings. Library is open to 7:45 a.m. -7:45 p.m. Work day will vary from 4-8 hours.
Adjunct pools may remain open for up to twelve (12) months, however, they may also be closed once a pool is full. Applications will be viewed by Departments throughout that time on an “as need” basis near and/or at the beginning of each semester. Once your application is submitted to this system you will not be able to update your materials. To reactivate an application, contact the HR Recruitment Office at 209-575-6900Licenses and CertificatesOpen Date04/17/2014Close DateOpen Until FilledYesSupplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you a U.S. Citizen?
- * If you are not a U.S. citizen, are you legally authorized to work in the U.S.?
- I am a U.S. citizen question does not apply
- * Describe any personal or professional experiences which have prepared you to teach in the unique environment of California Community College:
(Open Ended Question)
- * Describe experiences, which demonstrate knowledge and understanding of two of the following:1. Curricula or services which stress innovation:2. Accommodations of various student learning styles:3. Activities which promote currency and professional growth in subject area:4. Effective participation in leadership and management:
(Open Ended Question)
- * Do you possess the Master's degree or the Bachelor's/Master's degree listed in the Minimum Qualifications for this position?
- No- If No, applicant must submit an Equivalency Form to be considered for this position. The form, policy, and procedures can be found at http://www.yosemite.edu/recruitment/equivalency_policy_and_procedures
- * Please tell us how you heard about this job announcement:
- Job Fair
- YCCD Recruitment Website
- YCCD Email
- CCC Registry
- Resume / Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcript (Attach all college transcripts)
- List of Professional References
- List of Graduate Courses