Adjunct Geography Instructor - POOL - Columbia College
Posting DetailsJob TitleAdjunct Geography Instructor - POOL - Columbia CollegeSite:Modesto Junior CollegeSalary Range / Other
The Hourly Range: $58.21 – $93.06
Doctorate Range: $68.60 to 95.51
Personnel new to the District are limited to a maximum 10th step placement based on previous experience: $90.37.Benefits
With the exception of Workers’ Compensation benefits; this classification is not eligible for District paid benefits.Scope of Assignment
Under the general supervision of the Division Dean for the discipline, the successful applicant will provide lecture and/or laboratory instruction in accordance with course descriptions, outlines, and class schedules; evaluate progress of students; advise students concerning educational matters, and perform other related duties as assigned.Minimum Qualifications
Master’s in geography OR Bachelor’s in geography AND Master’s in geology, history, meteorology, or oceanography OR the equivalent OR see interdisciplinary studies.
Master’s in the interdisciplinary area OR Master’s in one of the disciplines included in the interdisciplinary area and upper division or graduate course work in at least one other constituent discipline.
Note: The Interdisciplinary Studies discipline is provided to allow for those cases where it is locally determined that a course must be taught by someone with qualifications that exceed a single discipline. The constituent disciplines can include any disciplines found in the Master’s list.
Previous successful experience teaching lower-division anthropology courses. Experience using the Canvas Learning Management System and teaching online.Desirable Professional CharacteristicsExample of Duties
Teach lower division college courses in geography, including courses in Sociology online, as assigned; preparation of materials; grading student work; maintaining an effective classroom environment and workspace.Special Instructions to Applicants
Applications are accepted online only at:
Select Job Openings, Select Search Jobs, Select Job Title, Create an account and Apply to this job.
The District may hire more than one applicant with this applicant pool.
Applications will be reviewed by a screening committee which will select candidates to be interviewed. After interviews, a recommendation will be forwarded to the President, Chancellor, and Board of Trustees.
The screening committee will evaluate all applications. Those applicants selected for personal interview will be notified by letter or phone. In accordance with Board policy official offers of employment will be made only by the Chancellor or Vice Chancellor/Human Resources, YCCD. Final appointment is subject to confirmation by the Board of Trustees.
Federal law requires the District employ only US citizens and aliens authorized to work in the United States. Written verification of employment eligibility is required.
NOTE: A background investigation of new employees is required, including reference checks and a state criminal history report. Employment will not begin until the history check has been cleared by Human Resources. The cost for the criminal history report will be the responsibility of the successful candidate.
YCCD is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you a U.S. Citizen?
- * If you are not a U.S. citizen, are you legally authorized to work in the U.S.?
- I am a U.S. citizen question does not apply
- * Describe any personal or professional experiences which have prepared you to teach in the unique environment of California Community College:
(Open Ended Question)
- * Describe experiences, which demonstrate knowledge and understanding of two of the following: <ul><li type=square>Curricula or services which stress innovation<li type=square>Accommodations of various student learning styles <li type=square>Activities which promote currency and professional growth in subject area.<li type=square>Effective participation in leadership and management </ul>
(Open Ended Question)
- * To avoid conflict of interest, Yosemite Community College District, YCCD, permits employment of near relatives only under certain conditions. Are any of your near relatives; a child, parent, spouse or domestic partner, sibling, or in-laws or step relatives in the relationships listed, currently employed by YCCD, that includes Modesto Junior College, Columbia College or the District Office?Respond YES or NO.IF YES - it is required that you provide the name or names of the person or persons along with their position title in the space provided for response.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Please tell us how you heard about this job announcement:
- Job Fair
- YCCD Recruitment Website
- YCCD Email
- CCC Registry
- Resume / Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcript (Attach all college transcripts)
- List of Professional References
- List of Graduate Courses