Position DetailsReq ID:req8028Position Title:Admissions SpecialistPosition Type:Staff Full-TimeOSU Campus:OKLAHOMA CITYDepartment:Recruitment & AdmissionsLocation Address:
900 N Portland Ave
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, 73107
United States Hiring Supervisor and Contact Info: Brandee MorganHiring Range:
(Contingent upon available funding):11.38 - 11.38, Hourly Work Schedule:Varies, includes evenings and weekendsJob Summary:
The Admission Specialist is responsible for providing information to prospective students and admitting students in accordance with established policies and guidelines. Frontline admissions duties include the evaluation and processing of applications for admission, test scores, transcripts, etc. to determine admission and enrollment status. In addition to a wide variety of clerical, technical and administrative tasks related to student admission, this position is also responsible for assessment of in-state residency, frontline records/registrar services, advisement session scheduling and photo ID system operation.
Essential Job Functions:
- Interpret federal, state, andinstitutional policies and professionally communicate these to faculty,students, and staff. Maintain a current understanding of academic policies,procedures, and processes. The Office of Admissions is accountable forcompliance with institutional and OSRHE admission policies.
- Process and load applications foradmission using computer software and following strict data standardsguidelines.
- Determine the eligibility ofstudents for admission; review and update student information as new documentsarrive and reevaluate admissibility as appropriate.
- Admit transfer students andprovides initial evaluation of transfer credit to determine academic standing,curricular deficiency status, and the presence of met pre-/co-requisites. Referstudents to additional placement testing or reinstatement/appeal processes as appropriate.
- Evaluate and verify supportdocuments for the determination of in-state/out-of-state residency for tuitionpurposes. The Office of Admissions is accountable for institutional complianceof OSRHE residency policies.
- Provide accurate and timely informationto prospective students regarding admission to the university. Apply acommunication strategy for applicants designed to simplify the admissionprocess and encourage enrollment. In addition to outgoing communication, theOffice of Admission receives a high level of continuous phone calls, voicemailsand emails.
- Serve as primary evaluator ofincoming transcripts and ensure accurate and timely processing of thetranscripts.
- Provide frontlineregistrar/records services such as explanation, distribution, receipt ofvarious forms related to student record maintenance. Also responsible forprocessing transcript and enrollment verification requests on demand.
- Provide double checks for accuracyand assist with necessary clean-up reports within established deadlines.
- Scan all incoming documents to thestudent electronic file. Maintain a document verification and destructionschedule in compliance with state historical record management policies.
- Operate the photo ID system forfaculty, staff and students.
- Retain accurate student recordsand maintain student confidentiality by observing policies related to studentprivacy (FERPA).
- Completesall mandatory training and participates in a minimum of two professionaldevelopment each year.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The duties listed in this job description are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.Special Instructions to ApplicantsResume and Cover Letter required for full consideration.Official transcripts will be required upon hire.2 full time positionsEducation & ExperiencePosition Qualifications:
Associate Degree or equivalent related experience with some college
- Minimum of three years progressively responsible work experience.
- Customer service oriented person who has experience working in an office setting in a fast-paced environment.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize effectively
- High degree of integrity; ability to work in a sensitive, highly confidential and professional environment
- Must be adaptable to performing under moderate levels of stress, imposed by frequent deadlines, peak workloads and public/student contact.
- Ability to communicate diplomatically, clearly and effectively, both verbally and in writing to exchange information, give/receive instructions and respond to inquiries appropriately.
- Strong interpersonal skills and sensitivity to a multicultural environment in an effort to work and communicate effectively with all students, faculty, staff and community partners.
- Demonstrated knowledge of office technologies including but not limited to: office computers, fax machines, scanners, internet, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) and CRM systems.
- Accurate typing/data entry skills and demonstrated ability to work with attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaborate within a team environment.
- Exhibit problem-solving skills beyond a set of instructions and adapt to changes when necessary.
- Ability to make appropriate recommendations based on logical and justifiable reasoning.
- Ability to use analytical and critical thinking skills to interpret written policies and procedures
- Ability to perform basic math functions.
- Experience and confidence speaking in front of students/customers.
- Passion for assisting students with educational endeavors and representing the OSU brand with positivity and professionalism
- Evidences a history of demonstrating ethical and professional behavior
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Previous work experience in a college admissions office or related field
- Previous experience managing and maintaining records and databases
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule to include some evenings and weekends in an often times busy and noisy environment.
- Work will be performed in an office environment with a significant amount of public contact, in person, by telephone and via email.
- Position requires repetitive desk to counter mobility.
- Must be able to lift 25-lb boxes
- Duties require extended periods of sitting, standing, talking, listening and computer usage
Thework environment and physical demands described here are representative ofthose required by an employee to perform the essential functions of this jobwith or without reasonable accommodations.
#ZROklahoma State University (OSU) strives to provide a safe study, work, and living environment for its faculty, staff, volunteers and students. To support this environment and comply with applicable laws and regulations, OSU conducts pre-employment background checks on final candidates. Offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a background check. The type of background check conducted varies by position and can include, but is not limited to, criminal (felony and misdemeanor) history, sex offender registry, motor vehicle history, financial history, and/or education verification. Background checks will be conducted when required by law or contract and when, in the discretion of the university, it is reasonable and prudent to do so.