Senior Business Systems Analyst (0657U) 6802
Senior Business Systems Analyst (0657U) 6802 About Berkeley
At the University of California, Berkeley, we are committed to creating a community that fosters equity of experience and opportunity, and ensures that students, faculty, and staff of all backgrounds feel safe, welcome and included. Our culture of openness, freedom and belonging make it a special place for students, faculty and staff.
The University of California, Berkeley, is one of the world's leading institutions of higher education, distinguished by its combination of internationally recognized academic and research excellence; the transformative opportunity it provides to a large and diverse student body; its public mission and commitment to equity and social justice; and its roots in the California experience, animated by such values as innovation, questioning the status quo, and respect for the environment and nature. Since its founding in 1868, Berkeley has fueled a perpetual renaissance, generating unparalleled intellectual, economic and social value in California, the United States and the world.
We are looking for equity-minded applicants who represent the full diversity of California and who demonstrate a sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds present in our community. When you join the team at Berkeley, you can expect to be part of an inclusive, innovative and equity-focused community that approaches higher education as a matter of social justice that requires broad collaboration among faculty, staff, students and community partners. In deciding whether to apply for a position at Berkeley, you are strongly encouraged to consider whether your values align with our Guiding Values and Principles, our Principles of Community, and our Strategic Plan.
The Central Evaluation unit administers the end-to-end process for the evaluation, tracking, and reporting of course work and exams toward degree completion and graduation verification by executing transfer credit review and articulation; implementing UC and Berkeley Division academic regulations and policies for degree requirements; and leveraging student information systems to optimize the timely application of UC, transfer, and exam credit in the Exam, Transfer Credit and Academic Progress Reports.
- Works at the highest level of CEU business analysis concepts to identify, evaluate and define complex systems scope and objectives through research and fact finding while considering the business implications of application of technology to the current and future business environment revolving around the review and posting of transfer credit and maintaining the Exam, Transfer Credit, and Academic Progress Reports.
- Provides colleagues, consultants and vendors with feedback on needed functionality in supporting the CEU's continuous efforts to automate and streamline work while complying with highly complex institutional regulations and policies.
- Contributes to RFPs for new systems and functionalities.
- Initiates and designs automated system specifications where there are no standardized policies or procedures. Initiates, designs, or modifies procedures to solve complex problems considering software capacity and limitations, processing time, and form of desired results.
- Creates highly technical specifications for systems with broad impact on campus.
- Ensures system compliance within institutional regulations and policies.
- Creates/provides highly technical specifications for systems with broad impact on campus including systems such as Perceptive Content, Campus Solutions, College.
- Source Transfer Evaluation System, Slate and CalCentral.
- Plans and executes unit integration and acceptance testing for the transfer credit module in Campus Solutions, along with user experience testing in CalCentral.
- Leverages Campus Solutions to create and maintain rules for transfer articulation and confirming degree progress for University, Campus, College, Major and Minor requirements.
- Initiates, facilitates, implements and documents work processes and changes within the Transfer Credit module and Exam, Transfer Credit, and Academic Progress Reports in Campus Solutions.
- Provides user support and training on new applications, queries, and reports.
- Performs highly complex analysis to develop report requests for stakeholders and CEU partners; provide internal and external metrics to track workflow and improve business processes.
- May lead business systems professional and/or cross-functional teams to solve complex business or systems issues, such as graduation issues, finalization for newly admitted students, processing and posting of transfer credit as well as updating reports for readmitted students, or integration with other student and curricular information systems.
- Requires advanced knowledge of business analysis function.
- Must have knowledge relating to, or the ability to quickly learn, the design of applications programs across the campus.
- Requires knowledge of other related areas of IT.
- Knowledge of, or the ability to quickly learn, department processes and procedures.
- Requires advanced skills associated with programming design, modification and implementation.
- Requires interpersonal and communications skills in order to work with both technical and non-technical personnel at various levels in the organization.
- Has skills needed to develop conversion and system implementation plans.
- Bachelor's degree in related area and/or equivalent experience/training.
Salary & Benefits
This is a full-time, career appointment position.
For information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University visit:
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume as a single attachment when applying.
Conviction History Background
This is a designated position requiring fingerprinting and a background check due to the nature of the job responsibilities. Berkeley does hire people with conviction histories and reviews information received in the context of the job responsibilities. The University reserves the right to make employment contingent upon successful completion of the background check.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights as an applicant see:
For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see:
To apply, visit https://careerspub.universityofcalifornia.edu/psp/ucb/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=21&JobOpeningId=6802&PostingSeq=1
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency