Contract Recruiter (part-time) - ERSO
Contract Recruiter (part-time) - ERSO About Berkeley
At the University of California, Berkeley, we are committed to creating a community that fosters equity of experience and opportunity, and ensures that students, faculty, and staff of all backgrounds feel safe, welcome and included. Our culture of openness, freedom and belonging make it a special place for students, faculty and staff.
The University of California, Berkeley, is one of the world's leading institutions of higher education, distinguished by its combination of internationally recognized academic and research excellence; the transformative opportunity it provides to a large and diverse student body; its public mission and commitment to equity and social justice; and its roots in the California experience, animated by such values as innovation, questioning the status quo, and respect for the environment and nature. Since its founding in 1868, Berkeley has fueled a perpetual renaissance, generating unparalleled intellectual, economic and social value in California, the United States and the world.
We are looking for equity-minded applicants who represent the full diversity of California and who demonstrate a sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds present in our community. When you join the team at Berkeley, you can expect to be part of an inclusive, innovative and equity-focused community that approaches higher education as a matter of social justice that requires broad collaboration among faculty, staff, students and community partners. In deciding whether to apply for a position at Berkeley, you are strongly encouraged to consider whether your values align with our Guiding Values and Principles, our Principles of Community, and our Strategic Plan.
Application Review Date
The First Review Date for this job is: 3/23/20
The University of California, Berkeley, is one of the world's most iconic teaching and research institutions. Since 1868, Berkeley has fueled a perpetual renaissance, generating unparalleled intellectual, economic and social value in California, the United States and the world. Berkeley's culture of openness, freedom and acceptance—academic and artistic, political and cultural—make it a very special place for students, faculty and staff.
Engineering Research Support Organization (ERSO) supports 240+ faculty affiliated with 22 campus-wide departments, schools and colleges, with over $182 million in research awards. The mission of ERSO is to partner with all the members of the ERSO community so they can pursue world class teaching, research and public service. Our priorities are to attract, develop, and retain staff who value professional excellence and embody a service mindset; Create an infrastructure that promotes efficiency, provides transparency, and facilitates compliance; Always striving to improve through feedback from the ERSO community and campus partners. The ERSO team supports the College of Engineering, College of Environmental Design, The School of Information and various organized research units, centers and institutes.
This is a six-month, part-time contract position (50% time)
100% Recruitment and Hiring:
Provides comprehensive recruitment services that include but are not limited to the following: job postings, creating position numbers and adding funding, batching resumes for hiring managers, scheduling phone and in-person interviews, candidate communication, developing recruitment material, maintaining compliant digital recruitment files, maintaining documentation in files and online in the UCPath Talent Acquisition Management system, checking references and personnel files, assisting with the ERSO Staff Award program, monitoring the E-Verify process, preparing the Background Check packets and maintain the spreadsheet.
- Uses the UCPath Talent Acquisition Management (UCPath TAM) to maintain timely documentation of recruitment efforts.
- Assist with generating job postings on the UC job board, as well as JobElephant.
- Schedules phone and in-person interviews
- Conducts reference checks and review personnel files prior to hire.
- Generates offer letters and employment contracts
- Maintains compliant digital recruitment files
- Monitors the E-Verify process
- Prepares the new hire background check packets and maintains the spreadsheet.
- Works with senior Recruiter and ERSO HR Generalists with various recruitment needs.
- Serves as a back-up to the senior Recruiter/HR Business Partner to ensure staffing needs are met.
- Works in a collaborative manner with ERSO HR Operations Team and programmatic units on matters pertaining to staffing needs.
- Applies campus policies and procedures in addressing and resolving various staffing needs.
- Prioritizes work assignments
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Knowledge of other areas of HR.
- Demonstrates analytical skills to conduct analysis and develop recommendations.
- Has working knowledge of campus policies and procedures; knowledge of functional area and understands how work may impact other areas.
- Has working knowledge of the recruitment, screening, interviewing and referral processes as well as a basic knowledge of employment law.
- Understands HR processes and forms and knows campus and departmental principles and procedures.
- Must have effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Has abilities associated with problem identification; reasoning; ability to work with business units to solve staffing issues.
- Demonstrates ability to multi-task and adjust priorities.
- Excellent candidate communication skills, ability to work with a diverse group of people.
- Bachelor's degree in related area and/or equivalent experience/training.
Salary & Benefits
For information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University visit:
- The hourly salary range designated for this position: $26.53 - $38.51; however, starting salary will be commensurate with experience.
- This is a six-month, part-time contract position (50% time). Contract positions may be extended based on operational demand. Contract positions are eligible to participate in the health and welfare programs offered by UC Berkeley.
Conviction History Background
This is a designated position requiring fingerprinting and a background check due to the nature of the job responsibilities. Berkeley does hire people with conviction histories and reviews information received in the context of the job responsibilities. The University reserves the right to make employment contingent upon successful completion of the background check.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights as an applicant see:
For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see:
To apply, visit https://careerspub.universityofcalifornia.edu/psp/ucb/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=21&JobOpeningId=6787&PostingSeq=1
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency