Financial Analyst II
Job location: San Antonio TAMUSA
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2020-08-18
Job TitleFinancial Analyst IIAgencyTexas A&M University - San AntonioDepartmentAccounting ServicesProposed Minimum SalaryCommensurateJob LocationSan Antonio, TexasJob TypeStaffJob Description
Prepares and processes various financial documents and data; analyzing data, researches and analyzes financial information and variances; and assists in preparing financial reports including the annual financial report, legislative appropriations request, and grants and contracts related activities. Enters daily accounting entries to the financial accounting management information system (FAMIS) and the uniform statewide accounting system (USAS). Performs monthly reconciliations of bank accounts, clearing accounts and collections from university programs.
- Work performed under supervision with moderate latitude for decision making. Coordinates functions to maintain FAMIS Financial Reporting System (FRS) and, USAS. Coordinates, prepares, and enters journal entries, cash receipts, and other necessary entries into FRS and, USAS, as assigned. Assists with budget development related to grants and contracts. Primarily responsible for financial reporting and accurate posting of financial transactions, including grants and contracts activities. Analyzes daily bank transactions to identify items requiring posting in FAMIS. Compiles data and researches facts to corrections and/or adjustments required in the general ledger. Performs routine fiscal analyses as requested by leadership.
- Responsible for analyzing the daily feed from Banner to FAMIS for completeness and performs any necessary corrections.
- Responsible for determining the amount required to drawdown federal funds from the Department of Education (DOE) and to refund any necessary funds to DOE.
- Performs monthly reconciliations on local and state bank accounts; credit card receipts between merchant statements and bank accounts.
- Responsible for daily reconciliation of campus credit/debit cards and ACH payments. Performs monthly reconciliations of clearing accounts related to the PCard and Travel Card Programs; numerous Student Business Services clearing accounts; and Payroll clearing accounts. Responsible for daily reconciliation related to BankMobile transactions, student admission payments, GET payments and parking payments. Responsible for daily reconciliations of campus credit/debit cards and ACH payments.
- Responsible for the preparation of significant portions of the Annual Financial Report (AFR0, Legislative Appropriations Request (LAR), grants and contracts reports, etc. Provides information, reports and support to internal and external auditors.
- Performs other duties as assigned such as, but not limited to, approval of electronic funds transfers for on-line business banking, review of check payments for appropriateness, prepartaion of monthly analysis on PCard and Travel Card outstanding balances, ans reporting weekly tuition remittance to the state and recording related accounting entries in FAMIS.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Three years of related experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet applications.
- Ability to multitask and work cooperatively with others. Verbal and written communication skills. Analytical and organizational skills.
- Ability to work with large data sets.
Please make sure to provide the following documents:
2) Cover Letter to include three professional references
For detailed instructions on how to apply for any positions on our website, please use the following link:
Make sure that all required documents are uploaded prior to submitting the application. If you have issues with adding documents with your application, please contact HR at 210-784-2058.
Once your application is submitted, no changes or revisions can be made.
Summary of Employee Benefits
In compliance with ADA, if accommodations are needed for the application process, please contact HR at (210) 784-2058.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.