Systems Maintenance Technician
Goshen College is accepting applications for the full-time position of Systems Maintenance Technician. This position is responsible for daily operation, maintenance and repair of heating, cooling, electrical, mechanical, refrigeration and plumbing equipment on campus.
- Four to six years of experience in systems maintenance is preferredHigh School diploma or equivalent is requiredAdditional formal training and education is desirableUniversal Refrigerant license desirableAble to work safely around hazardous situations, work with hazardous chemicals, electricity, around moving partsAble to troubleshoot and repair a variety of equipment using basic diagnostic toolsPossess good verbal and written communication skills. Computer literacy is useful and desirable
- Possession of a cell phone for receiving computer-generated alarm texts
- Must be able to climb, grasp, pull, lift, stoop and bend
- Must be able to work in tight mechanical spaces
- Must be able to occasionally lift up to 50 pounds
- Must be able to work in hot and cold environments
About Goshen College:
Goshen College is an affordable, nationally-ranked Christian liberal arts college in Northern Indiana known for leadership in intercultural and international education, sustainability and social justice. The college offers bachelor’s degrees in more than 65 areas of study, as well as select graduate degrees. Goshen enrolls approximately 950 students from 35 states and 23 countries and is recognized for its innovative, life-changing study abroad program (Study-Service Term) and exceptional educational value. The 135-acre tree-filled campus features a world-class Music Center and a Rec-Fitness Center for 14 intercollegiate athletic teams. The extended campus includes a 1,189-acre natural sanctuary (the Merry Lea Environmental Learning Center near Wolf Lake, Ind.) and a marine biology lab in the Florida Keys. Rooted in the historically peaceful Mennonite church and established in 1894, the college’s Christ-centered mission produces passionate learners, compassionate peacemakers, global citizens and servant leaders. The college’s doors are open to all, with students from 40 different Christian denominations and several world religions. Experiential learning, faculty mentors and strong friendships are significant community strengths for students.
The college is located in the heart of Elkhart County in Northern Indiana, just a couple of hours from Chicago, Indianapolis and Detroit. Goshen was named the 2017 Indiana Community of the Year by the Indiana Chamber of Commerce for its amazing arts and entertainment, food scene, recreational opportunities, outstanding schools, affordable living, cultural diversity and entrepreneurial spirit. Learn more at goodofgoshen.com.
How to Apply:
If you are applying through Indeed or another search engine, please make sure to go to www.goshen.edu/employment to apply.
Please be sure to provide all required materials noted below, as incomplete applications may not be considered. Application materials may be attached to the Staff Application Form or sent electronically to [email protected].
- Complete and submit the online Staff Application Form
- Cover Letter
- List of three professional references with contact information
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Goshen College is an equal opportunity employer, committed to enhancing diversity across the institution. Goshen College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or any legally protected status. To protect the welfare and provide for the safety of the students, employees, visitors and resources of Goshen College, background checks are conducted by the Office of Human Resources on all new and re-hired employees.
1700 S. Main Street
Goshen, IN 46526-4795
E-mail: [email protected]
Telephone: (574) 535-7111