Senior Admissions Counselor
Job location: San Diego, CA
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2020-03-06
Founded in 1979, The Chicago School of Professional Psychology is an independent professional graduate school with a dynamic student body and a professionally accomplished faculty. Our curriculum and training opportunities prepare graduates to deliver outstanding professional services emphasizing the ability to understand and work with diverse populations.
Job Description: Senior Admissions Counselor
The Senior Admissions Counselor is responsible for recruiting students for certificate and degree programs for the San Diego campus. The Senior Admissions Counselor is responsible for all phases of the admission process, from successfully marketing the programs to qualifying students for admission selection and enrollment. The Senior Admissions Counselor is expected to serve as a role model and mentor others on the team. The successful candidate will be an articulate, organized, results driven, dynamic and enthusiastic leader and team player. This position provides an excellent opportunity for a talented and committed professional whose skills and attitude complement a dynamic, collegial team.
- Clearly articulates the mission and values of the university to prospective students.
- Provides superior customer service to students through the entire admission process.
- Responds to all new inquiries quickly and maintains consistent communication with all students throughout the admission process.
- Conducts personal interviews to qualify prospective students on their educational goals and interests, to explain available academic programs, to advise them on admission requirements, and to ensure that all admission paperwork is completed properly. Provides more in‐depth consultations for undecided students.
- Communicates academic department decisions appropriately, adhering to all policies and procedures
- Responsible for engaging in and mentoring others in best practices to contribute to the team’s overall success.
- Assist others with product knowledge mastery, technology and process effective usage, and other best practices for successful new student recruitment.
- Attend local events and conferences to promote programs and generate inquiries
- Generate referrals through networking
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Essential Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must be able to represent the organization in a professional manner, recruit and work within a diverse community, and follow all policies and procedures with a keen attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and listening abilities: persuasive and negotiation skills, strong professional writing, public speaking, interpersonal and public relations skills.
- Strong recruitment, sales, and customer service skills combined with a strong work ethic and a goal-oriented, self‐motivated approach toward achieving consistent results.
- Leadership, organizational, time management, multi‐tasking, and planning capabilities.
- Computer skills including proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite, as well as experience using customer relationship management systems and the ability to learn new systems quickly.
- A Bachelor’s degree is required (Master’s degree preferred).
- The ability to work evenings and some Saturdays is required.
- Some travel may also be required.
- Mastery of processes and technologies utilized with the ability to assist others.
- Knowledge of accreditation/regulatory best practices and benchmark standards.
- Ability to work independently
- Demonstrated productivity and ability to perform at the next career level.
- Have no compliance or ethics violations.
The Chicago School of Professional Psychology offers a generous compensation and benefits package, as well as the opportunity to work for a leader in the field of education. Some of our key benefits include: generous paid time-off, medical and dental coverage, company-paid life and disability insurance, retirement plan with employer contribution, multiple flexible spending accounts (FSA), tuition reimbursement, professional development, and regular employee appreciation events.
The Chicago School of Professional Psychology is an Equal Opportunity Employer.