Sr. Agricultural Technician
Sr. Agricultural Technician Job Number Full/Part Time Schedule Salary 202002182722 Full Time Other $41,113 - $56,522 Position Information Under general supervision, provide skills necessary to support the department of Agricultural Operations at the Coachella Valley Agricultural Research Station (CVARS). Specifically in the cultural practices of citrus, dates and row crops, land preparation, open field management, irrigation systems which include sprinklers, drip and micro sprayers. Assist in pest management and weed control.
Minimum Requirements Three years of agricultural experience with a demonstrated ability to operate light to medium and/or non-complex agricultural equipment; sprayers, and trenchers; and the experience and knowledge to successfully perform the duties assigned to the position.
Ability to read, write, and speak English; perform basic arithmatic calculations.
Demonstrate ability and experience in operating tractors with attached, towed or specialized equipment, self-propelled spray rigs, planters, bed shapers, cultivators, chemical incorporators, harvesters and combines.
Demonstrated experience with installation of irrigation systems, drain lines and repair maintenance.
Knowledge of pesticide and their safety procedures. Prepares and applies various chemicals such as herbicides, pesticides, and fertilizers.
Ability to obtain a Qualified Applicator Certificate within 6 months of employment.
Ability to pass a respirator fit test and ability to wear and use air purifying respirator during chemical applications when required by law.
Demonstrated ability to organize daily work loads and communicating with staff and understanding basic field objectives when performing work.
Experience in maintaining operational records such as records for cultural care operations, pesticides applications and materials applied to plots.
Ability and experience to work in an outdoor environment during inclement weather and temperature extremes, daily moving of material weighing up to 40 lbs.
Preferred Qualifications Hold a valid qualified applicator certificate.
Experience in small plot production. Additional Information In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities' air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history, and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- UC Riverside was included in the (August 2018) edition of The Princeton Review's "The Best 382 Colleges."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2017) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- In 2016, UCR was recognized for graduation rate success by the Association of Public and Land-Grant Universities (APLU) for achieving near parity across racial-ethnic, socio-economic, and gender boundaries.
- UCR ranks among the Top 15 Public Research Universities in the nation, as identified by the 2017 Washington Monthly.
- In 2017, two separate reports from the Education Trust celebrated UCR as a national leader for African American and Latino student success. UCR was one of just three schools to be named top-performing institutions in both reports and the only California campus recognized among 18 top-performing colleges and universities in the nation for high black student graduation rates.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer with a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview
Job Description Details View complete Job Description for this position