College of the Sequoias Community College District is seeking qualified adjunct faculty to teach Chemistry within its Science Division.
Adjunct faculty assignments may include weekend, and/or evening classes at the Visalia Campus, the Hanford Educational Center, or the Tulare College Center.
Adjunct faculty applications which meet the required minimum qualifications are kept on file for one year from the date the application is received.
College of the Sequoias Community College District serves a diverse community of learners and is a designated Hispanic Serving Institution. COS provides a wide range of opportunities in transfer, general education, career and technical programs for our students. We are dedicated to recruiting faculty who are committed to helping a diverse population of students achieve their educational goals. We seek candidates who exhibit an understanding and commitment to the community college mission, and who have a passion for student success.
Under the general direction of the dean or director, adjunct faculty will provide comprehensive classroom instruction to students.
The minimum qualifications for all disciplines maybe found within the "Minimum Qualifications for Faculty and Administrators in California Community Colleges"
If, after reviewing the "MQ's Handbook", you still have questions if you are qualified to work as an adjunct faculty member at the College of the Sequoias, please call the Human Resources Office at (559) 730-3867.
To be considered for an adjunct faculty position, applicants must:
- Complete an online application;
- Provide a Cover Letter which states the class(es) you desire to teach as well as a general summary of your qualifications;
- A resume;
- Unofficial transcripts (official transcripts will be required upon hire);
- Diversity Statement (included in the application packet); and
- If claiming equivalency, please review the Equivalency Policy and Procedures. You must attach your equivalency documents to application. The District's Equivalency Policy and Procedures can be viewed at: Equivalency Board Policy and Administrative Procedures.