Political Science Adjunct Faculty
Posting DetailsPosition TitlePolitical Science Adjunct FacultyDivisionProvostMajor DepartmentCollege of Arts and SciencesDepartmentHistory/Political Sci. Dept.LocationLa Verne Central CampusJob Description
The University of La Verne is a private not-for-profit university founded in 1891 located in La Verne, California. The core values that we live by are Ethical Reasoning, Diversity and Inclusivity, Lifelong Learning and Community and Civic Engagement.
If you’re passionate about these values, join us at the University of La Verne!
The Department of History & Political Science invites applications for adjunct faculty positions to teach introductory and advanced undergraduate courses in political science.
This is a continuous recruitment for an applicant pool to fill part-time, adjunct assignments on an as-needed basis. Applications are accepted year-round and will remain in the pool.Required Qualifications
A Ph.D. in Political Science or related field is preferred. Although MA/MS and ABD candidates in Political Science or related field will also be considered.Preferred QualificationsBenefits Summary
Below is a list of benefits and perks offered to Adjunct Faculty:
- Benefit Hub (discount perks)
- Free Parking
- Adjunct Faculty Development Funds
- Staff discounted lunches at the Spot
- 10% off discount at the University of La Verne Bookstore and Graphics
- Tuition Remission (Senior Adjuncts)
- Contribution Retirement Plan (must meet hours) for Mandatory – Voluntary Contribution at anytime
- Medical (must meet hours)
- Utilize services offered at CTL and the wellness center.
Employment is contingent upon successful completion and clearance of a background check and employment verification.
La Verne is Tier 1 in U.S. News 2017 “America’s Best Colleges” National University rankings for the seventh straight year, and again made Forbes “America’s Top Colleges” rating (WASC Accredited).Posting NumberAF016PJob Open Date03/02/2020Job Close DateOpen Until FilledNoSpecial Instructions to ApplicantsAdvertising SummaryPosting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Referred by University of La Verne Employee
- University of La Verne Website
- * Which courses are you interested in/able to teach? Be sure to include department name and course number.
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Student Evaluations