Manager, Accounts Receivable
Posting DetailsPosition Information Position TitleManager, Accounts ReceivableRequisition NumberSCA00390General Description
Reporting to the Bursar, the Manager, Accounts Receivable serves as an integral part of the Bursar’s Office leadership team. This position is accountable for general ledger reconciliation and reporting for student accounts receivables, as well as for billing and collections for non-student accounts receivables. The Manager is responsible for providing leadership and supervision of assigned staff in meeting departmental goals and objectives.Specific Responsibilities
• Oversee the accounts receivable function, and approve the daily and monthly accounts receivable reconciliation to the general ledger.
• Coordinate the daily and monthly reconciliation of the credit card and check clearing accounts, and ensure they correspond to what’s been received by the bank.
• Review daily processing of Lion’s card transactions, returned checks, and credit card refunds.
• In collaboration with the Bursar, ensure accurate accounts receivable billing and fee assessment each term and update detail codes as needed.
• Assist with payment match set up and audit daily drop for non-payment reports.
• Provide leadership in the selection, development and evaluation of staff to achieve departmental goals and objectives.
• Audit financial transactions such as student AR cashiering sessions and general ledger journal entries to ensure accuracy of work performed by staff.
• Monitor outstanding non-student receivables for contract compliance and timely billing and payment.
• Prepare historical aging statistics, allowance for bad debt reserve calculation for write off recommendation, and monthly account analysis for accounts receivable forecasting.
• Perform monthly account analysis and year-end reconciliation of the Federal Direct Loan Program, PHEAA State Grant and Special Programs, and private donor scholarships.
• Coordinate accounting functions to facilitate the academic and fiscal cycles, such as the year-end close and booking of deferred revenue, and participate in annual audit process.
• Coordinate with the ITS department to grant security access to the accounts receivable forms within Banner to appropriate staff members across departments; offer training as needed.
• Responsible for manual “drop” for nonpayment process for non-credit students and participating in monthly non-credit meetings.
• Responsible for maintaining up to date documentation of processes and procedures related to areas of responsibility.
• Assist students in person, via e-mail, or phone to answer questions concerning their accounts.
• Deliver quality customer service to both internal and external constituents in a professional, helpful and courteous manner.
• Serve as a member of the Bursar’s leadership team and, where appropriate, provide representation in College meetings and committees.
• Participate in Banner AR system upgrade testing and implementation.
• Perform other duties as assigned.Minimum Qualifications
• Bachelor’s degree required.
• A minimum of five (5) years of accounting experience or eight (8) years of related experience in a student accounts function within higher education required.
• Prior experience managing staff required.
• Strong proficiency using MS Word and Excel required.
• Strong analytical skills and attention to detail required.
• Ability to maintain sensitivity, understanding and respect for a diverse academic environment, inclusive of students, faculty, and staff of varying social, economic, cultural, ideological, and ethnic backgrounds required.
• Ability to multi-task with changing priorities required.
• Strong analytical, organizational and time management skills required.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule, as needed, is required.Preferred Qualifications
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Accounting, Business, Finance or CPA license preferred. Any and all degree(s) must be from a regionally accredited institution of higher learning required.
• Previous accounting experience in higher education preferred.
• Previous experience managing staff in a unionized environment preferred.
• Previous work experience using Ellucian Banner or an enterprise-wide accounting system preferred.
• Experience with Title IV aid, scholarships, contracts and military educational benefits preferred.Work LocationMain CampusBenefitsSpecial Instructions to Applicants
*Interested persons should complete an online application.
*Cover letter of interest and resume REQUIRED.
*Names and contact information of 3 professional references OPTIONAL.
Review of applications will commence on March 20, 2020 and will continue until the position is filled.
Applicants must be legally eligible to work in the U.S.
Community College of Philadelphia is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity and Equal Access Employer. The College encourages applications from individuals from traditionally underrepresented groups.Salary Grade or RankIIISalary RangeSalary commensurate with relevant work experienceJob Posting Open Date02/28/2020Job Posting Close DateType of PositionAdministratorJob CategoryEmployment Status Full-TimeSupplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about Community College of Philadelphia?
- The Chronicle
- Veterans Job Fair
- Professional & Technology Diversity Career Fair
- AL DIA - Diversity Career Fair
- Community College of Philadelphia Website
- * If your answer to the above question is Other, please note the source below. If this question does not apply to you, enter N/A.
(Open Ended Question)
- * What is the highest level of education you have completed?
- No Response
- High School/GED
- Associates Degree
- Bachelor's Degree
- Master's Degree
- * Do you have a Bachelor's or Master's degree in Accounting, Business, Finance, OR a CPA license?
- * Do you have a minimum of five (5) years of accounting experience or eight (8) years of related experience in a student accounts function within higher education?
- * Do you have prior experience managing staff?
- * Do you have previous experience managing staff in a unionized environment?
- * Do you have previous accounting experience in higher education?
- * Do you have previous experience using Ellucian Banner or an enterprise-wide accounting system?
- * Do you have experience with Title IV aid, scholarships, contracts, and military educational benefits?
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application