Faculty Affairs Administrator
Faculty Affairs Administrator🔍School of Medicine, Stanford, California, United States📁Administration📅Feb 27, 2020 Post Date📅86341 Requisition #The Department of Ophthalmology at StanfordUniversity School of Medicine is seeking a Faculty AffairsAdministrator to join our growing AcademicAffairs and Human Resources team. The Department has been experiencingtremendous growth in our research, clinical, and educational endeavors, and wecurrently have several open faculty searches in progress. This is an excitingtime to join Stanford Ophthalmology to gain and/or expand experience in facultyaffairs processes in a dynamic, thriving department. Followingdefined University procedures on transactions and processes, the incumbent willcoordinate and provide administrative support during the faculty searchprocess, as well as for appointment, reappointment, and promotion activity of professoriateline faculty. Under the supervision of the department Academic Affairs &Human Resources Manager, the Faculty Affairs Administrator will act as a localresource for the department on policies and processes. This role requiresstrong attention to detail, excellent verbal and written communication skills,and the ability to independently organize and follow through on assigned tasks.Previous Stanford University FacultyAffairs experience highly desirable.
- Gather information for searchinitiations, search waivers, reappointments, and promotions. Collectapplications, and provide administrative support to search and reviewcommittees; provide advice on process requirements.
- Post job announcements, anddistribute other outreach materials to attract candidates.
- Coordinate all logistical aspectsof candidate visits, including arranging transportation and accommodations,scheduling meetings and interviews, and processing reimbursements.
- Gather all components of theappointment/promotion form, and organize in compliance with guidelines.
- Maintain records documentingsearch, recruitment, and appointment/promotion processes.
- Assemble and draft materials forthe appointment and promotion files.
- Process and track approvedactivities (e.g., sabbaticals and other leaves, resignations, retirements, FTEchanges), and maintain appropriate documentation and communication.
- Assist in coordination of visaprocess, as needed.
* - Other duties may also be assignedDESIREDQUALIFICATIONS:Previous Stanford University FacultyAffairs experience highly desirable. EDUCATION& EXPERIENCE (REQUIRED):Associate degree and one year ofexperience working with administrative processes, or combination of educationand relevant experience. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (REQUIRED):
- High level of attention to detailand accuracy.
- Ability to track, monitor andadhere to deadlines.
- Ability to learn universitysystems.
- Experience working with databasesand Microsoft Office suite.
- Effective communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to act withtact and maintain confidentiality.
- Experience with complex schedulesand planning.
- Demonstrated ability to work wellwith Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Demonstrated commitment to personalresponsibility and value for safety, shown through communication of safetyconcerns and use and promotion of safe behaviors based on training and lessonslearned.
- Frequently perform desk-basedcomputer tasks, frequently sitting, stand/walk, grasp lightly/finemanipulation.
- Occasionally twist/bend/stoop/squat; reach/workabove shoulders; grasp forcefully; use a telephone.
- Rarely sort/file paperwork orparts, kneel/crawl, twist/bend/stoop/squat, lift/carry/push/pull objects thatweigh up to 10 pounds.
WORKINGCONDITIONS: Occasionalextended hours.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstratesthe ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with externalorganizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety:Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety;communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based ontraining and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to complywith all applicable University policies and procedures, including but notlimited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University'sAdministrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu.
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4171
- Employee Status: Regular
- Grade: F
- Department URL: http://ophthalmology.stanford.edu/
- Requisition ID: 86341