Job location: JD Alexander Florida Polytechnic Main Campus Employment Type:
Full-time Posted data:
Postdoctoral Research Associate Job Description Summary New applications of graphene and other hybrid related materials
Team led by Dr. Nicoleta Hickman
The Sustainability and Renewable Energy Laboratory from Florida Polytechnic University has an opening for a Postdoctoral Research Associate to perform multidisciplinary research that explores new applications of graphene and other hybrid related materials. The candidate will assist the existent research team led by Dr. Nicoleta Hickman in the design, fabrication, characterization, and optimization of graphene and hybrid based optoelectronic devices. A requirement is the ability to continually update knowledge in the specialist area via the technical literature, engage in continuous professional development, and strong self-direction in terms of managing short term deadlines and long term project goals. Job Description
SPECIFIC JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Design and build experimental tests,
- Device design, fabrication, characterization, and optimization
- Provide a full data analysis and interpretation of the data, using a variety of analytical and computational tools.
- Interaction with research teams from Florida Poly and research agencies
- Mentoring and training of graduate and undergraduate students
- Presenting scientific findings at conferences
- Preparing and publishing scientific findings in peer-reviewed journals
- Preparing and filing patent applications on new inventions
- PhD in Engineering, Physics, Nanotechnology or Materials Science.
- Two years of experience in the discipline that includes experimental and/or numerical research work in a field closely related to the application of graphene.
DESIRED / PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Expertise in optoelectronic devices fabrication and characterization is an essential requirement, as demonstrated by publications in journals.
- Experience in handling collaborations within research projects, including reporting and attendance to project meetings is also important.
EXPECTED STARTING SALARY:
- Commensurate with experience and qualifications
APPLICATION DEADLINE DATE:
- Positions are open until filled (or recruitment cancelled). Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the positions are filled.
- Employment is contingent upon proof of the legal right to work in the United States. This proof must be provided prior to employment at the University. An appointment is not final until proof is provided.
APPLICATION PROCESS: All Applicants are required to upload the following documents (combine all documents in one file if possible, 5MB max or five attachments):
- Cover letter and Curriculum Vitae
- Statement of Research Interests
- List of three professional references (name and contact information)
Florida Polytechnic University is an equal opportunity/equal access institution. It is the policy of the Board of Trustees to provide equal opportunity for employment and educational opportunities to all (including applicants for employment, employees, applicants for admission, students, and others affiliated with the University) without regard to race, color, national origin, ethnicity, sex, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or genetic information.
Special Instructions Regarding Attachments:
Required attachments are listed on each posting. Please be sure to attach all required documents in the Resume/CV field before continuing through the application. Once your application has been submitted, no changes may be made and additional attachments will not be considered.
An unofficial copy of the degree/transcript is acceptable during the application process. For positions requiring a degree, the official transcripts are required upon hire.
Foreign Transcript: Transcripts issued outside of the United States require a equivalency statement from a certified transcript evaluation service verifying the degree equivalency to that of an accredited institution within the USA. This report must be attached with the application and submitted by the application deadline.
All document(s) must be received on or before the closing date of the job announcements.
This position requires a background check, which may include a level II screening as required by the Florida Statute §435.04.