Adjunct Instructor - Surgical Technology
Posting DetailsPosting Number9001237TitleAdjunct Instructor - Surgical TechnologyPosition TypeAdjunct FacultyDepartmentSurgical TechnologyJob Summary
This position carries with it the obligation to uphold the Mission of North Central Texas College in carrying out the duties of the position. A commitment while embracing positive interpersonal behaviors, professional communication, diversity, integrity, leadership, stewardship, respect and accountability to our students and employees.
It is the responsibility of the teaching faculty to provide learning activities and support that will lead to the achievement of course and program objectives and to contribute to the overall educational environment of the college and community and to provide related services such as academic advising, committee participation, professional development, community development as well as other service support that is needed in the fulfillment of the North Central Texas College’s Mission.
• Treats students and colleagues with respect.
• Active involvement in issues of institutional effectiveness including student learning outcomes, program level outcomes, and marketable skill achievement.
• Focuses teaching and outreach efforts on student success.
Surgical Technology Responsibilities:
• Provide instruction in designated Surgical Technology courses while ensuring completion of program goals and objectives. • Use current skills and knowledge to promote student learning and active participation while preparing students for the Surgical Technology world.
• Teach classroom, lab and clinical course work, with the ability to work cooperatively with faculty and students, to develop, organize, implement and evaluate a course in conjunction with the teaching team.
• Select and organize learning activities that facilitate the attainment of the course objectives and provide guidance in the clinical area.
• Participation in distance education when appropriate.
• Graduate of CAAHEP accredited Surgical Technology Program
• Current Certified Surgical Technologist credential
•Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Above average computer skills.
• Exhibition of respect and professionalism in a spirit of collegiality.
• Microsoft Office proficient.
• Ability to promote an effective environment for learning in lecture and lab experiences.
• Ability to teach students from diverse cultural and social backgrounds.
Minimum of 3 years of current surgical experience.Preferred Experience
5 years of current surgical experience preferred.Posting Date02/25/2020Closing DateSpecial Instructions to Applicants
• Travel required to other off-site locations.
• Classes scheduled during the day or evenings depending on enrollment.
• Subject to criminal background check & drug screen.
• Resume, Cover Letter, Curriculum Vitae & Transcripts required in addition to application.
• Salary: $590/Semester Hour (3 semester hour course = $1,770)
• Possible additional compensation for large class size.
North Central Texas College (“NCTC”) is an equal opportunity employer. NCTC does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, genetics, equal pay, or any other legally protected characteristic. NCTC prohibits harassment on the basis of a legally protected characteristic and/or retaliation for reporting a complaint.LocationCorinthSupplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- NCTC website
- Employee Referral
- Workforce Solutions- Texoma
- Hispanics In Academia
- Chamber of Commerce
- Work in Texas
- Diversity & Inclusion Email
- Texas Association of Black Personnel in Higher Education
- VIP Position - HigherEdJobs.com
- Inside Higher Ed
- * Please designate which campus/campuses you are available to teach.
- Denton County
- Flower Mound
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Unofficial Transcript
- Professional License