Job location: Charleston Center
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2020-12-15
Job Description SummaryThe Staff Assistant serves as the front line person for the Charleston - Navy Weapons Stations (NWS) Education Center and provides administrative support in application, maintenance and processing of student, faculty and/or staff policies and procedures.Job DescriptionDUTIES AND TASKS:
- Manage and coordinate administrative and office functions
- Act as a liaison with University campus offices and educational partnerships
- Collect data for report preparation
- Serve as faculty contact while maintaining all necessary paperwork associated with adjunct faculty
- Other duties as assigned by director
- High School Diploma and two years’ administrative experience
- Any equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Excellent oral, written and analytical skills
- Excellent customer service skills Computer skills: Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and Datatel
- Ability to plan and organize work
The work environment characteristics described here are a representation of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. This position allows a flexible work schedule and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The term “qualified individual with a disability” means an individual with a disability who, with or without reasonable accommodation, can perform the essential functions of this position.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate professionally in person, over the telephone, through email and other electronic means, move about the office and University, handle various type of media and equipment, and visually or otherwise identify, observe and assess. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 10 pounds unless otherwise specified in the job description.NOTICE:
The intent of this job description is to provide a representation of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Saint Leo University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity as a critical step in ensuring employee, student and graduate success.