Assistant Director of Graduate Recruitment and Admission
Assistant Director of Graduate Recruitment and AdmissionTracking Code670-674 Job Description
Valparaiso University Graduate School is seeking a qualified and energetic candidate to serve as Assistant Director of Graduate Recruitment and Admission.
The Assistant Director of Graduate Admissions will participate in various aspects of recruiting and admissions and will work to move prospective domestic and international students through incoming enrollment steps. He/she will assist with the organization and implementation of the communication plan for all domestic and international market segments and stages within the recruitment funnel.
The Assistant Director of Graduate Admissions is responsible for programming specific admission events on and off campus for all market segments and stages within the recruitment funnel. He/she will also work with the admissions recruitment team, program directors, current students, faculty, and other staff from the Graduate School to personalize campus visit programs to the prospective student’s needs and expectations.
This position will assist with communication outreach activities including the planning, development, and updating of admissions and recruitment content on the web. In collaboration with the Director of Graduate Enrollment Operations, this position will contribute program knowledge and recruitment talking points within all marketing and outreach material including but not limited to print publications, e-publications, advertising, admissions website content, alumni outreach, on-campus promotions, community outreach, and other projects within the Graduate School and/or in conjunction with Integrated Marketing Communications.
Participation in off-campus events includes but is not limited to outreach activities such as community table visits, offsite information sessions, undergraduate college or career fairs, and networking events with the purpose of lead generation. Domestic and/or international recruitment travel are required.
The Assistant Director of Graduate Admissions will be held responsible with helping the Graduate School reach its targeted new, incoming enrollment goals.
- Cultivate domestic and international prospects throughout the recruitment funnel from inquiry to enrollment. Develop marketing materials and promotional opportunities.
- Collaborate with program directors, faculty, staff, current graduate students and alumni to yield domestic and international enrollment goals.
- Assist with coordination of outreach activities such as campus tours, webinars, information sessions, virtual fairs, in-class presentations, and other activities assigned.
- Recruitment travel, international and/or domestic at targeted events aligned with the Graduate School’s strategic recruitment travel plan.
- Assist with other duties as assigned within the Graduate School and Continuing Education that relate to Enrollment Management.
Successful applicants will demonstrate a commitment to cultural diversity and the ability to work with individuals or groups from diverse backgrounds.
Employment at Valparaiso University will require a criminal background check.
To be considered for this position you must upload:
- Cover letter
- List of 3 professional references
- Answer all the application questions
To be considered for this position:
Christina Hubbert, Interim Dean
Graduate School and Continuing Education
Valparaiso, IN 46383
- Ability to assist, communicate, and work with a diverse domestic and international population
- Experienced and knowledgeable communicating with international populations
- Ability to build rapport and professional relationships with faculty and staff
- Ability to handle multiple projects throughout the calendar year
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Understanding of VU’s Mission and culture
- Interpersonal, group and public communication skills
- Experience with higher education customer relations management systems
- Ability to collaborate with Financial Aid as necessary
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Google Drive technology
- Proficiency with new media strategies such as social media, webinar platforms, and other technologies used within the office
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work independently yet value and encourage a team approach
- Interdepartmental communication
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Cross cultural understanding and communication
- Successful history of teamwork
- Project oriented
- Ability/willingness to travel domestically and internationally
- Understanding of current trends in recruitment
- Understanding of prospect generation techniques and practices that lead to matriculation
- The ability to move materials up to 50lbs in weight
- Understanding and staying ahead of domestic and international enrollment trends.
- Ability to adapt to changing assignments and multiple priorities.
- Ability to interact effectively as either a leader or as a member of a team and work collaboratively with other departments.
- Balancing graduate enrollment expectations with cross campus expectations
- Master's degree strongly preferred