: Academic AffairsLocations:
: Poughkeepsie, NYPosted:
: Feb 18, 2020Closes:
: Open Until FilledType:
: Part-timePosition ID:
About Dutchess Community College:
Located in the heart of New York's beautiful and historic mid-Hudson Valley, just 90 minutes north of New York City, DCC is part of the State University of New York, the largest comprehensive public higher education system in the country. A winner of the 2015 HEED Award for inclusiveness, DCC is dedicated to respecting individuality, embracing diversity and partnering with the community to achieve shared goals. The College welcomes applications from faculty and staff who share and are anxious to support the institution's values of Excellence, Access, Diversity, Collaboration and Accountability, and who are passionate about engaging with both students and the community.
Part-time faculty sought to teach introductory stagecraft, technical theatre, and design courses, 1-2 days a week.
Responsibilities: The part-time faculty will be responsible for teaching an introductory Technical Theatre & Production course which includes the following:
- Work with DCC's technical director to teach basic shop safety and stagecraft
- Introduce students to each major theatrical design area: scenic, lights, costumes, & sound
- Introduce students to theatrical lighting and sound equipment
- Introduce students to best practices in stage management
- Mentor students with prior experience in more advanced design/tech projects
- Potential to work on future DCC mainstage productions in area(s) of expertise for additional pay
- Masters' Degree in Theatre or a Related Field or BFA in Technical Theatre/Design
- Professional experience in one or more areas of technical theatre and/or design
- Proficient in working with ETC EOS lighting design software
- Proficient in working with QLab sound software
- Working knowledge of VectorWorks and/or SketchUp 3D design software
- Basic knowledge of costume design principles
- Basic knowledge of stage management principles
- Membership in USITT and/or IATSE preferred
Part Time Faculty positions are covered by a collective bargaining agreement between Dutchess Community College and Dutchess United Educators (DUE).
To apply please submit application, resume and cover letter.
Applications from minorities, veterans, the disabled and all others are encouraged (AA/EOE).
Dutchess Community College is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.