Adjunct Faculty in Anthropology
Posting DetailsPosition TitleAdjunct Faculty in AnthropologyDivisionProvostMajor DepartmentCollege of Arts and SciencesDepartmentSociology/Anthropology Dept.LocationLa Verne Central CampusJob Description
The University of La Verne is a private not-for-profit university founded in 1891 located in La Verne, California. The core values that we live by are Ethical Reasoning, Diversity and Inclusivity, Lifelong Learning and Community and Civic Engagement.
If you’re passionate about these values, join us at the University of La Verne!
The Anthropology Program at University of La Verne invites applications for part-time/temporary faculty positions to teach Upper and Lower Division Undergraduate courses in Archaeology, Biological Anthropology, Cultural Anthropology, Linguistic Anthropology, and Forensic Sciences.
We offer flexible hours and the opportunity to assist a diverse group of traditional students in achieving their educational goals. Please indicate your areas of specialization in your cover letter.
This is a continuous recruitment for an applicant pool to fill part-time, temporary assignments on an as-needed basis. Applications are accepted year-round and will remain in the pool. Priority will be given to candidates with a demonstrated commitment to excellence in teaching Anthropology.
- Assignments may include introductory courses in the major anthropological subfields (cultural, biological, archaeological, linguistics) as well as applied fields (including forensics), and more advanced topical courses across the discipline.
- Provide quality instruction in accordance with established curriculum and course outlines.
- Create and maintain an environment that emphasizes teaching and learning, and encourages free discussion of ideas, interests and issues.
- Maintain appropriate standards of professional conduct and ethics.
- Maintain current knowledge in the subject matter areas.
- Teach all scheduled classes.
- Maintain accurate records.
- Assignments may include day and/or evening classes.
- Master’s degree in Anthropology or one of the allied fields within Anthropology
Preference will be given to candidates with
- Ph.D. or ABD working toward a Ph.D.
- Prior teaching experience at the college or university level and who can furnish evidence of strong teaching.
Below is a list of benefits and perks offered to Adjunct Faculty:
- Benefit Hub (discount perks)
- Free Parking
- Adjunct Faculty Development Funds
- Staff discounted lunches at the Spot
- 10% off discount at the University of La Verne Bookstore and Graphics
- Tuition Remission (Senior Adjuncts)
- Contribution Retirement Plan (must meet hours) for Mandatory – Voluntary Contribution at anytime
- Medical (must meet hours)
- Utilize services offered at CTL and the wellness center.
Employment is contingent upon successful completion and clearance of a background check and employment verification.
La Verne is Tier 1 in U.S. News 2017 “America’s Best Colleges” National University rankings for the seventh straight year, and again made Forbes “America’s Top Colleges” rating (WASC Accredited).Posting NumberAF010PJob Open DateJob Close DateOpen Until FilledNoSpecial Instructions to ApplicantsAdvertising SummaryPosting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Referred by University of La Verne Employee
- University of La Verne Website
- * Which courses are you interested in/able to teach? Be sure to include department name and course number.
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae