Adjunct Faculty - Master of Arts: Teaching, Inclusive Education and Mild/Moderate Credential Pr...
Adjunct Faculty - Master of Arts: Teaching, Inclusive Education and Mild/Moderate Credential ProgramsDivision:
Dean ROC AdministrationDepartment:
ROC - LFCELocation:
Kern County CampusJob Description:
The University of La Verne is a private not-for-profit university founded in 1891 located in La Verne, California. The core values that we live by are Ethical Reasoning, Diversity and Inclusivity, Lifelong Learning and Community and Civic Engagement.
If you’re passionate about these values, join us at the University of La Verne!
University of La Verne’s La Fetra College of Education seeks faculty colleagues to join a high achieving, dynamic Master of Arts in Inclusive Education and our Special Education Preliminary Credential Program. Our goal is to prepare professionals to successfully teach in a rapidly changing society and to make positive contributions to the learning of PK-12 students. Applicants with diverse backgrounds and urban experiences who can help us achieve these goals are encouraged to apply.
Teach graduate level teacher education courses for Special Education candidates according to La Fetra College of Education guidelines.
- Earned master’s degree in Education, Special Education, or related field
- A current Clear California Teaching Credential (Mild/Moderate Disabilities) with an English Learner Authorization and Autism Authorization
- Commitment to and experience working with diverse student populations including English learners
- A minimum of three years of successful elementary or secondary teaching experience
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Ability to work with adults
- Effective communication and organization skills
- Doctorate in Education, Special Education, or related field
- Understanding of Disabilities Studies
- Experience working in inclusive educational environments
- Hold a Multiple and/or Single Subject Teaching Credential
- Experience with assessments, data-drive instruction, and technology
Below is a list of benefits and perks offered to Adjunct Faculty:
- Benefit Hub (discount perks)
- Free Parking
- Adjunct Faculty Development Funds
- Staff discounted lunches at the Spot
- 10% off discount at the University of La Verne Bookstore and Graphics
- Tuition Remission (Senior Adjuncts)
- Contribution Retirement Plan (must meet hours) for Mandatory – Voluntary Contribution at anytime
- Medical (must meet hours)
- Utilize services offered at CTL and the wellness center.
Employment is contingent upon successful completion and clearance of a background check and employment verification.
La Verne is Tier 1 in U.S. News 2017 “America’s Best Colleges” National University rankings for the seventh straight year, and again made Forbes “America’s Top Colleges” rating (WASC Accredited).Posting Number:
AF007PJob Open Date:
01/29/2020Open Until Filled: