Job location: Jacksonville
Employment Type: Part-time
Posted data: 2020-02-20
Job Description SummaryThe Program Coordinator will work with the Center Director and Full-Time Education Faculty Member to assist with the planning, coordination, and support of the Education Programs and students at the Jacksonville Education Center.Job DescriptionJOB DUTIES:
- Attend and assist in the planning of Para to Pro Information Sessions with partnered school districts
- Monitor with assistance of ADA and Director the admission process and financial aid awarding for Para to Pro students
- Submit ePURS at the direction of Full-Time Faculty member to include substitution/waiver requests, registration updates, name changes, etc.
- Work assigned evenings and days to be available for walk-in inquires and service currently enrolled students, especially during times with Full-Time Faculty Member is away
- Provide each student with their schedule in advance of the next term to discuss days, times and delivery methods (on-ground, ICC, or Online)
- Collect placement request forms from each students for the Placement Coordinator
- Make placement/cooperating teacher packets for each student
- Check in with instructors at mid-term to check on all education student progress and provide appropriate outreach to the student and school district representative
- Check on FTCE Testing (General Knowledge, Subject Area and Professional Educators) of each student to ensure they are taken at appropriate times, offer information on study support opportunities, and ensure test scores are received and processed
- Assist with the planning and attend the General Knowledge or other education specific Workshops
- Assist the Full-Time Faculty member and Center Director with course matrix during the summer for education students
- Advise and monitor education students starting with University Exploration Courses
- Attend partner district meetings, signing celebrations, or other appropriate events
- Work with Center Director on room scheduling
- Work with Staff Coordinator to ensure Instructor Textbooks are ordered
- Work with Staff Coordinator and District Representative on student cohort textbook orders
- Monitor and update Salesforce for education students
- Other tasks and duties as assigned
- Associate's Degree from a regionally accredited university
- Must be available evenings and weekends
- Ability to make administrative/procedural decisions and judgments.
- Ability to coordinate and organize meetings and/or special events
- Clerical, word processing, and/or office skills
- Skill in the use of personal computers and related software applications.
- Records maintenance skills.
- Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Ability to interact with students, faculty and/or staff in a team environment.
- Ability to generate reports.