Part Time Instructor (Fine Arts, Humanities & Wellness)
Posting DetailsWorking TitlePart Time Instructor (Fine Arts, Humanities & Wellness)Job Summary
The College of Liberal Arts and Social Sciences at Savannah State University is seeking qualified part-time faculty in the Department of Fine Arts, Humanities and Wellness. Applications for part-time instructors are accepted on an ongoing basis to provide an applicant pool for the department in the following subject areas:
• Visual Art
Positions will be filled on an as needed basis and will vary by need, course and semester.
Part-time Instructors are expected to:
• Instruct students in assigned courses.
• Take regular attendance.
• Provide academic guidance and counseling to students in cooperation with student services personnel.
• Maintain academic standards.
• Prepare course syllabus and outline.
• Monitor student progress.
• Keep adequate and accurate records.
• Enter midterm and final course grades online.
• Master’s degree with a minimum of 18 credit hours in one of the aforementioned subject areas.
• Experience teaching secondary or post-secondary courses.
• Experience working with diverse populations.
• Demonstrated commitment to student retention and success.
• Demonstrated commitment to development and assessment of student learning.
• Ability to work in a participatory and collegial setting.
• Excellent interpersonal/human relation skills.
• Demonstrated excellent oral and written communications skills.
• Terminal degree in subject area preferred.Special Information to Applicants
Savannah State University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative-Action Institution committed to diversity, equity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, genetics, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected Veteran status. Georgia is an Open Records State.
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation.
Your application is not considered complete until all required documents have been uploaded to the appropriate section.
Complete application online; submit cover letter, current curriculum vitae, undergraduate and graduate transcripts, and name, address, telephone number and email address of three references.Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Chronicle of Higher Education
- Inside Higher Ed
- Higher Ed Jobs
- Savannah State University Website
- Savannah State University Employee
- * Do you have a Master's degree with a minimum of 18 credit hours in visual art, dance, music or theatre?
- * Do you have experience teaching secondary or post-secondary level courses?
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Unofficial Transcript 1
- Unofficial Transcript 2
- Other Document