CRM Communication Manager
CRM Communications Manager
Founded in 1869, Chatham University has an enrollment of over 2,200 students across over 60 undergraduate and graduate programs in our areas of excellence: sustainability and health, the arts and sciences and business and communications. Chatham has consistently been named a College of Distinction and a "Best College" by U.S. News and World Report, and--as the alma mater of environmental icon, Rachel Carson (Class of '29)--is perennially ranked as one of the greenest colleges in the United States by Sierra Magazine and the Princeton Review.
Chatham's mission is: "to prepare students to build lives of purpose, value and fulfilling work...by preparing graduates to be informed and engaged citizens in their communities; to recognize and respect diversity of culture, identity, and opinion; and to live sustainably." Building on this mission, Chatham is committed to creating a supportive and inclusive learning, living and working environment for all members of the campus community.
Chatham consists of the School of Health Sciences; the Falk School of Sustainability and Environment; the School of Arts, Science and Business; and the School for Continuing and Professional Studies.
Located in Pittsburgh, PA--one of the country's most livable cities and great college towns--Chatham is spread across three distinct locations: the historic arboretum, Shadyside Campus; Chatham Eastside in the fast-growing East End; and Eden Hall Campus, one of the world's most sustainable campuses.
Chatham University is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a strong commitment to diversity, inclusion, and equity. Women, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and members of other underrepresented groups are highly encouraged to apply. Chatham University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, or national origin.
Position Reports to: Vice President of Enrollment Management
Position Summary: The CRM Communications Manager is a creative, detail-oriented professional who helps facilitate communication and events in order to increase student awareness, inquiry and enrollment for Chatham University. This position creates and manages admission communications within the CRM (Slate by Technolutions), oversees the planning for prospective student events, and works in conjunction with the Office of Marketing and Communication to implement campus experience communication for maximum student impact. This position requires strong writing and technical skills, a highly service-oriented focus, and strong project management skills. This position is responsible for managing all admission related social media, e-mail, direct mail and other forms of communication across the Enrollment division'undergraduate, graduate, online and international.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution
- Communication and/or Marketing degree preferred
- Prior experience in writing and managing CRM communication campaigns preferred
- Minimum one year of experience in developing communication plans, including drafting messaging and proofreading required
- Working knowledge of email marketing, experience in developing email campaigns and messaging
- Previous experience writing email content for multiple audiences, preferably in a university setting
- Demonstrated planning and organizational skills to accommodate multiple priorities
- Exceptional leadership, customer service, interpersonal, and oral and written communication skills
- Effective presentation skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to prioritize work
- Strong information technology skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Working knowledge of CRM platforms, experience with Slate CRM preferred
- Ability to think strategically and work in a diverse environment either independently or as part of a team
- Ability to work with diverse populations and sensitivity to the need of each individual to be treated with dignity and respect as it relates to diversity in general and the Mission of the University specifically
- Ability to work some nights and weekends as needed for events and special campaigns
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conceptualize and execute a yearly admissions CRM communication plan for various admission audiences, including undergraduate, graduate, parents and other stakeholders to drive event attendance, inquiries, applications and enrollment
- Establish and ensure effective Slate CRM usage including use of communication and query tools for building marketing lists and crafting messaging for emails and text messaging platforms
- Build and generate standard and custom-request reports and analysis on a regular and as-needed basis in order to assess communication and event effectiveness and outcomes
- Work collaboratively with the marketing and communications team to create and oversee CRM templates and communications for event promotion, the enrollment funnel (inquiry through enrollment) and degree program promotion
- Develop training documents and lead training sessions to improve individualized communication for Enrollment Management team
- Manage the planning of admission events and coordinate the execution of events including pre and post-communication within Slate system
- Recommend and execute student visit assessment to determine concerns, measure effectiveness and recommend changes based on data intelligence. Ensure appropriate follow-up with event attendees
- Communicate and collaborate with university departments around the planning of admission events to ensure campus awareness, secure space reservation and other logistics needed for execution
- Oversee Virtual Information System (VIS) event creation and work with faculty and staff to ensure quality control
- Participate in large admissions recruitment events (mandatory: New Student Registration Days, Fall Open Houses, Summer Visit Days, Scholarship Interview Days, etc.)
- Identify, select and negotiate with vendors as needed for events
- Develop a communications and event project tracking system to ensure high attention to detail and project completion
- Stay ahead of changes, upgrades, enhancements and resources related to the university CRM system and communicate these changes with colleagues across campus
- Participate in professional development and perform other duties and projects as assigned by the Vice President for Enrollment Management
To ensure full consideration, please submit a professional cover letter addressing the qualifications of the position and contact information for three professional references.
Chatham University offers competitive salary, an excellent benefits package, including tuition remission for qualified personnel, and a generous retirement plan.
Chatham University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Actively Seeks Diverse Candidates