INTEGRATION QA ANALYST III,IS&T Administrative Systems
INTEGRATION QA ANALYST III,IS&T Administrative SystemsTracking Code2381 Job Description
As part of IS&T Integration Services, the Integration QA Analyst III will be responsible for building and overseeing our integration testing and release processes and platforms. An individual in this role will write and execute test plans and scripts to ensure that deployed integrations are accurately configured and tested for successful transition to operations.
They will facilitate a consistent framework for development, auditing, accountability, testing and delivery for integration projects. The role will provide leadership in supporting the development cycle, code review practices, release management, and testing strategies. This position offers an outstanding opportunity to join an evolving and high-performing development team.
A successful candidate will be a part of implementing our vision in modernizing integrations across BU and empowering citizen integrators in our community!
- Our QA Analyst will participate on project teams to design, develop and execute test and release activities. Participating can include providing leadership and mentorship for other QA, Test or Release engineers on the project team.
- Will work with our team to build common services and models so that we can rapidly scale and expand our community's needs.
- Additionally, members of our team are responsible for supporting integration services.
- These support activities include incidents, service requests, defects, enhancements, upgrades, patches, and service improvement initiatives. Team members will be aided in investing time to learn and improve skills related to enterprise integration.
- As a more experienced member of the team, the QA Analyst will coach and mentor junior staff.
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business or another related field. In lieu of degree, equivalent work experience will be considered.
- 5+ years of demonstrated ability as a QA Analyst or Release Engineer.
- Familiarity of implementations including data or application integration.
- Knowledge of various testing methodologies and technologies to use at all stages of product development.
- Knowledge of test management tools such as ALM, Jira, IBM Rational, or others
- Experience with fundamental programming concepts, frameworks, languages, and technologies such as Java, C#, .NET, XML, JSON, Python, Powershell, or others.
- Experience with agile development methodologies.
- Understanding of project management concepts and frameworks such as waterfall, Prince 2, Scrum
- Experience working on different projects as a technology leader or frequently as the domain specialist.
- Experience working on projects/issues of medium to high complexity that require demonstrated knowledge across multiple technical areas and business segments.
- Experience coaching and mentoring junior technical staff
- Effective oral and written communication skills to build relationships and effectively work across all levels of the University to facilitate the information vital for comprehensive testing.
- Deadline driven with little guidance.
- Promotes a team environment that values, encourages, and supports differences.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.Job Location BOSTON, Massachusetts, United StatesPosition TypeFull-Time/Regular