INTEGRATION DEVELOPER I,IS&T Administrative Systems
INTEGRATION DEVELOPER I,IS&T Administrative SystemsTracking Code2382 Job Description
As part of IS&T Integration Services, the Integration Developer I is responsible for the design, development, release and support of university-wide data and application integrations.
The role is focused on building integrations using standard techniques such as extract, transform and load (ETL), web services, API Management, data hubs, and common data models. This position offers an outstanding opportunity to join an evolving and high-performing development team. A successful candidate will be a part of implementing our vision in modernizing integrations across BU and empowering citizen integrators in our community!
Our developers participate on project teams to design, develop, test and release integrations following business, architectural and/or service requirements.
Developers will work with our team to build common services and models so that we can rapidly scale and expand our community's needs. Additionally, members of our team are responsible for supporting integration services. These support activities include incidents, service requests, defects, enhancements, upgrades, patches, and service improvement initiatives. Team members will be aided in investing time to learn and improve skills related to enterprise integration.Required Skills
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or another related field with 1-3 years of demonstrated ability in software development or integration middleware.
- Experience with fundamental programming concepts, frameworks, languages, and technologies such as Java, C#, Python, .NET, XML, JSON, or others.
- Familiarity developing with API management platforms such as Snaplogic, Informatica or a comparable product. Exposure of integration concepts, such as EAI, SOA, ESB, Web Services, SOAP, REST, Messaging Services, API Management, or others.
- Familiarity with relational databases, data warehousing concepts, or Operational Data Stores (ODS).
- Familiarity with data analysis and profiling.
- Familiarity of Cloud Computing fundamentals.
- Familiarity designing, implementing, improving and fixing integration solutions using wide variety of data sources and targets.
- Familiarity of project management concepts and frameworks such as waterfall, Prince 2, Scrum.
- Experience working on projects/issues of varying complexity.
- Excellent oral, written and presentation communications skills.
- Promotes a team environment that values, encourages, and supports differences.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.Job Location BOSTON, Massachusetts, United StatesPosition TypeFull-Time/Regular