Job location: University Campus Employment Type:
Part-time Posted data:
Job Description SummaryUnder the direction of and in collaboration with the Camp Director, the Camp Instructor/Counselor will provide supervision of camp participants, engage in activities, and provide a safe environment for campers of all ages attending camps at Saint Leo University.
Job DescriptionDuties and Tasks:
This position will ensure a positive environment that promotes and enhances the development of camp participants and maintains a safe and controlled atmosphere to provide a high-quality program that meets the standards of the University.
- Assists in instructing all camp activities under the Director’s supervision
- Actively observes all activities to ensure the protection and safety of all participants
- Participates in all staff training and meetings
- Provides a positive and authoritative approach to guiding behavior using age-appropriate limits and choices.
- Completes all paperwork according to policies and procedures
- Enjoys working with children, participating in activities and enthusiastic attitude
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Current CPR, AED and First Aid Certificate preferred
- Dependable, ability to prioritize and organize, multi-task, creative thinker, outgoing, reliable, punctual, willingness and ability to take charge
- Work well with others in individual and group setting
- Previous knowledge, training, or experience is preferred but not required
- Some lifting of objects up to 50lbs
- Exposure to sun and heat for long periods in some positions
- Ability to balance many tasks and responsibilities simultaneously
- Ability to manage time and stress for self and others
The work environment characteristics described here are a representation of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The term “qualified individual with a disability” means an individual with a disability who, with or without reasonable accommodation, can perform the essential functions of this position.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate professionally in person, over the telephone, through email and other electronic means, move about the office and University, handle various types of media and equipment, and visually or otherwise identify, observe and assess. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 10 pounds unless otherwise specified in the job description.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representation of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Saint Leo University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity as a critical step in ensuring employee, student, and graduate success.
Why Work at Saint Leo?
What it’s Like to Work Here: Ask our employees and the one word they’d use to describe working at Saint Leo University is “Community.” Our team members all share the Saint Leo core values, positive attitudes, and problem-solving abilities, enabling them to provide excellent student centered service. Our mission is educating and preparing students for life and leadership in a challenging world. Thank you for your interest in joining the Saint Leo PRIDE!
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At Saint Leo, we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Available benefits based on employment status (Full Time vs Part Time).
- Inclusive Group Health Plan (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Group Health Plan features include Teledoc, Surgery Plus!, Wellness Incentive Program, Nationwide Pet Insurance, just to name a few!
- Health Reimbursement Account (University Paid!) and Flexible Spending Accounts (healthcare and dependent options)
- Tuition Remission (Employee, Spouse, and Dependents)*
- Tuition Exchange opportunity for dependent of employees*
- Paid Personal Leave (Sick, Vacation, Holidays)
- 403b - Annual match 3%-9% of pay based on employee’s contribution. University match and fully vested within one month of hire date.
- Basic Life and AD&D Insurance valued at 30k (University Paid!)
- Income Protection Benefits after one year
- Additional options for supplemental insurance
*Eligibility based on meeting required service period