Workforce Outreach & Recruitment Coordinator
Posting DetailsPosition TitleWorkforce Outreach & Recruitment CoordinatorRequisition NumberSCA00381General Description
The WEI Workforce Outreach & Recruitment Coordinator, creates, oversees and implements a comprehensive outreach, recruitment, and promotional strategy for all areas included within Workforce & Economic Innovation, in addition to the development, implementation and management of programs and initiatives designed to promote WEI activities. Working in close collaboration with the division of Marketing and Communications, the coordinator is responsible for developing and executing promotional strategies to help drive and support enrollment into Corporate Solutions ongoing offerings, non-credit occupational certificate programs, professional development workshops, as well as support the efforts of 10KSB, Power Up and Career Connections. This position provides support to WEI division goals by serving as a liaison between WEI and Marketing and Communications in the design and implementation of marketing strategies for the division.Specific Responsibilities
• Coordinate and support development and implementation of outreach strategies for the Workforce & Economic Innovation Division and sub-units to help drive awareness and enrollments in WEI programs and workshops.
• In collaboration with the division of Marketing & Communications, assist in the development of a comprehensive promotional strategy for WEI activities, with a primary emphasis on Corporate Solutions professional development, workforce, and continuing education offerings.
• Create and coordinate program recruitment opportunities, presentations and events for the Division of Workforce & Economic Innovation internally and externally, in collaboration with other College divisions (e.g. open houses, presentations, etc) when necessary.
• Work with Marketing and Communications on an annual marketing and communications plan for WEI, and help spearhead implementation and generate new ideas for reaching targeted markets.
• In collaboration with Marketing & Communications, grow the social media presence for the division using strategies that build brand awareness and generate inbound traffic, creating engaging content.
• Create and maintain a quarterly departmental newsletter, and identify targeted markets for distribution.
• Table events for outreach and promotion in collaboration with Admissions when possible, articulating the products and services available through the division.
• Process all marketing and communications requests for the business lines within Corporate Solutions, within necessary turnaround times and deadlines. Work with directors and coordinators to meet departmental needs. Includes creating mailing strategies for programs, creating content for program brochures.
• Coordinate office sponsorships, events, and accompanying advertisements, working with Marketing and Communications to meet advertising speciifcations.
• Coordinate with Marketing & Communications photo & video shoots of past students, program scholars, and current students to promote programs.
• In collaboration with WEI staff, Duplicating and Information Technology staff, create and maintain production schedules for promotional materials.
• Manage WEI internal website and coordinate maintenance of unit websites; work collaboratively with various offices to keep content fresh and relevant; coordinate photography of WEI events.
• Perform assigned duties in a manner consistent with the mission, goals, and core values of the College.
• Maintain sensitivity, understanding, and respect for a diverse academic environment, inclusive of students, faculty, and staff of varying social, economic, cultural, ideological and ethnic backgrounds.
• Deliver quality customer services to both internal and external constituents in a professional helpful and courteous manner.
• Other duties as assigned.Minimum Qualifications
• Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications or related degree required; any and all degree(s) must be from a regionally accredited institution of higher learning.
• Two (2) years experience planning and promoting programs/events required.
• Demonstrated experience in the design of promotional materials, specifically website development, design software, social media and other promotional tools required.
• Demonstrated experience with MS Office Suite required.
• Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and problem solving skills required.
• Ability to work effectively with minimal supervision is required.
• Strong collaboration skills and the ability to work effectively within a team is required.
• Excellent interpersonal, presentation, verbal and written sales oriented communication skills required.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks and concurrent priorities required.
• Must have access to reliable transportation to travel between campuses and within the local area to attend meetings and related events, as needed.
• Ability to work evenings and/or weekends as required.
• Must have the ability to lift material boxes up to 25 lbs.Preferred Qualifications
• Previous experience planning and promoting programs/events in higher education preferred.Work LocationMain CampusBenefitsSpecial Instructions to Applicants
*Interested persons should complete an online application.
*Cover letter of interest and resume REQUIRED.
*Names and contact information of 3 professional references OPTIONAL.
Review of applications will continue until the position is filled.
Applicants must be legally eligible to work in the U.S.
Community College of Philadelphia is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity and Equal Access Employer. The College encourages applications from individuals from traditionally underrepresented groups.Salary Grade or RankIISalary RangeSalary commensurate with relevant work experienceJob Posting Open Date02/12/2020Job Posting Close DateType of PositionAdministratorJob CategoryEmployment Status Full-TimeSupplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about Community College of Philadelphia?
- The Chronicle
- Veterans Job Fair
- Professional & Technology Diversity Career Fair
- AL DIA - Diversity Career Fair
- Community College of Philadelphia Website
- * If your answer to the above question is Other, please note the source below. If this question does not apply to you, enter N/A.
(Open Ended Question)
- * What is the highest level of education you have completed?
- No Response
- High School/GED
- Associates Degree
- Bachelor's Degree
- Master's Degree
- * Do you have two (2) years of work experience in planning and promoting programs/events?
- * Do you have demonstrated experience in the design of promotional materials, specifically website development, design software, social media and other promotional tools?
- * Do you have the ability to work evenings and/or weekends as required?
- * Do you have experience planning and promoting programs/events in higher education?
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application