Part Time Faculty Interest Pool - Psychology
Part Time Faculty Interest Pool - PsychologyRequisition IDreq140Academic DepartmentPsychologyCampus Cascade, Rock Creek, Southeast, and Sylvania CampusesPosition SummaryPortland Community College is accepting applications to be considered for Part-Time Faculty assignments in Psychology. The Department will review applications in this pool as the need arises for new part-time faculty in this area.
This is NOT an announcement of a specific open position, but a Part-time Faculty Interest Pool, from which the department will identify applicants based on course assignment needs during the Academic Year. Your application may be considered for substitute assignments as well as full term class assignments.
Candidate ProfileInstructor Qualifications
- Master’s degree, or higher, in Psychology (including all specialized degree with Psychology in the title of the degree)
- Master’s degree, or higher, in Counseling (including specialties in MFT, MFCC, CMF)
- Master’s degree, or higher, in a Related AreaCompletion of 30 quarter-hours of graduate credit in a Psychology or Counseling Department
- Cognitive Science, Human Science, NeuroscienceSocial or Human Ecology, Social Work, Human Development
- Meet general instructor qualifications for Psychology (above)
- Master’s degree in GerontologyAt least 30 graduate credit hours in Psychology and/or Human Development
CUSTOM.JOB.SUCCESS.QUALSSee the PCC Instructor Qualifications webpage for more information.Part-Time Faculty Compensation
2019/2020 Hourly Rates:
- Lecture $61.15/hourLab $45.25/hourLecture/Lab $49.23/hour
Part-time faculty health insurance eligibility is based on workload during the previous academic year. Once eligible, available insurance plans include Health, Dental, and Vision options, as well as Long-term Care.
PCC currently fully funds the Oregon Public Employees Retirement System (PERS/OPSRP) pension and contributes an additional 6% into the employee's Individual Account Program under PERS/OPSRP. Part-time faculty may be eligible for PERS/OPSRP if they meet the requirement of six months of employment and are working 600 hours or more per year. PCC offers a tax deferred annuity program and a deferred compensation program where employees may save additional pre-tax dollars for retirement.
Additionally, PCC provides a tuition waiver for you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children under 24 years of age, as well as tuition reimbursement for full-time employees at other accredited institutions.
- 2 hours sick leave per pay period, up to 32 hours per year; a maximum of 8 hours of accrued sick leave per academic year may be used for personal reasons.
- Veterans: DD214
- Disabled Veterans: DD214 and Letter from the Department of VA