Part Time Faculty Interest Pool - Exercise Science
Part Time Faculty Interest Pool - Exercise ScienceRequisition IDreq56Academic DepartmentHealth Professions and Physical EducationCampus Sylvania CampusPosition SummaryPortland Community College is accepting applications to be considered for Part-Time Faculty assignments in Exercise Science at the Sylvania Campus. The Department will review applications in this pool as the need arises for new part-time faculty in this area.
This is NOT an announcement of a specific open position, but a Part-time Faculty Interest Pool, from which the department will identify applicants based on course assignment needs during the Academic Year.
Candidate ProfileInstructor Qualifications
- Master's degree in Physical Education, Exercise Science, Exercise Physiology, Sports Psychology, Sports Fitness, Sports Science, Outdoor Recreation Leadership, Human Performance, Kinesiology, or Human Physiology plus three years (3) experience in the industry.
- Master's degree in any field plus Bachelor's degree in Physical Education, Exercise Science, Exercise Physiology, Sports Psychology, Sports Fitness, Sports Science, Outdoor Recreation Leadership, Human Performance, Kinesiology, or Human Physiology plus three years (3) experience in the industry.
Master's degree in Physical Education, Exercise Science, Exercise Physiology, Sports Fitness, Human Performance, Kinesiology, or Human Physiology.Three (3) years of recent experience teaching adults in Physical Education or fitness-related classes.Ability to teach at least one of the listed Professional Activities classes (Group Fitness, Weight Training, Mind-Body, Team Sports, Special Populations, Older Adult Fitness, or Aquatics).Current certifications in CPR, AED, and First Aid.Experience teaching theoretical lecture classes in one or more of the following: exercise physiology, kinesiology, biomechanics, fitness promotion, fitness assessment, exercise prescription, sports nutrition, fitness for special populations, basic anatomy and physiology for fitness instructors.Experience teaching and supervising students in practical laboratory settings. This should include at least one or more of the following laboratory topics: anatomy, kinesiology, fitness assessment, body composition, exercise prescription, metabolic cart/VO2max testing, electrocardiogram (ECG), and graded exercise testing (GXT).
Note Regarding Academic Credentials:
- Official transcripts are required to be submitted within 2 weeks of offer date for degrees required in the stated Instructor Qualifications.
- Instructors shall have earned required academic credentials at a regionally accredited US institution or a foreign institution having the equivalent of regional accreditation. Instructors with credentials from other countries will have their transcripts evaluated by agencies that have good standing with the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services to establish fulfillment of this standard. (for more information see http://www.pcc.edu/hr/employment/faculty-information.html)
- For more information on PCC's General Instructor Qualifications Policy I301 visit:
These positions are included in the bargaining agreement between Portland Community College and the Portland Community College Faculty Federation Employees.See the PCC Instructor Qualifications webpage for more information.Part-Time Faculty Compensation
2019/2020 Hourly Rates:
- Lecture $61.15/hourLab $45.25/hourLecture/Lab $49.23/hour
Part-time faculty health insurance eligibility is based on workload during the previous academic year. Once eligible, available insurance plans include Health, Dental, and Vision options, as well as Long-term Care.
PCC currently fully funds the Oregon Public Employees Retirement System (PERS/OPSRP) pension and contributes an additional 6% into the employee's Individual Account Program under PERS/OPSRP. Part-time faculty may be eligible for PERS/OPSRP if they meet the requirement of six months of employment and are working 600 hours or more per year. PCC offers a tax deferred annuity program and a deferred compensation program where employees may save additional pre-tax dollars for retirement.
Additionally, PCC provides a tuition waiver for you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children under 24 years of age, as well as tuition reimbursement for full-time employees at other accredited institutions.
- 2 hours sick leave per pay period, up to 32 hours per year; a maximum of 8 hours of accrued sick leave per academic year may be used for personal reasons.
- Veterans: DD214
- Disabled Veterans: DD214 and Letter from the Department of VA