Part Time Faculty Interest Pool - Criminal Justice
Part Time Faculty Interest Pool - Criminal JusticeRequisition IDreq54Academic DepartmentCriminal JusticeCampus Cascade CampusPosition Summary
Portland Community College is accepting applications to be considered for Part-Time Faculty assignments in the Criminal Justice Department at the Cascade Campus. The Department will review applications in this pool as the need arises for new part-time faculty in this area.
All initial part-time teaching opportunities are limited to the campus classroom, so you may not be considered if you are not in the Portland area. Online and distance learning courses are not available for new part-time Criminal Justice faculty at this time.
This is NOT an announcement of a specific open position, but a Part-time Faculty Interest Pool, from which the department will identify applicants based on course assignment needs during the Academic Year.
Learn more about our program here https://www.pcc.edu/programs/criminal-justice/
Please also review the PCC Course Catalog for this subject area. As part of this application, you will be asked to list the current PCC courses which you would be able to teach.
If this sounds like a learning community that you would like to be a part of, and an important role that you would like to play at PCC, please complete your application today to be considered.
Candidate ProfileInstructor Qualifications
- MA, MS, JD or PhD in Criminal Justice, Administration of Justice or related field from an accredited college and 3 years of full time non-teaching work experience in related field
- AS, BA, BS in Criminal Justice, Administration of Justice or related field from an accredited college and 5 years of full time non-teaching work experience in related field
Note Regarding Academic Credentials:
- Official transcripts are required to be submitted within 2 weeks of offer date for degrees required in the stated Instructor Qualifications.
- Instructors shall have earned required academic credentials at a regionally accredited US institution or a foreign institution having the equivalent of regional accreditation. Instructors with credentials from other countries will have their transcripts evaluated by agencies that have good standing with the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services to establish fulfillment of this standard. (for more information see http://www.pcc.edu/hr/employment/faculty-information.html)
- For more information on PCC's General Instructor Qualifications Policy I301 visit:
These positions are included in the bargaining agreement between Portland Community College and the Portland Community College Faculty Federation Employees.See the PCC Instructor Qualifications webpage for more information.Part-Time Faculty Compensation
2019/2020 Hourly Rates:
- Lecture $61.15/hourLab $45.25/hourLecture/Lab $49.23/hour
View the current PCC Part-time Faculty Pay SchedulePCC BenefitsPCC offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide employees and their families, including domestic partners, with access to a broad range of benefit options. Includes Health, Dental, and Vision options, Group Life, Long-term Disability, Long-term Care, and Auto and Home Insurance programs. Benefits are pro-rated for part-time employees.
Additionally, PCC provides a tuition waiver for you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children under 24 years of age, as well as tuition reimbursement for full-time employees at other accredited institutions.
Part-time faculty health insurance eligibility is based on workload during the previous academic year. Once eligible, available insurance plans include Health, Dental, and Vision options, as well as Long-term Care.PCC currently fully funds the Oregon Public Employees Retirement System (PERS/OPSRP) pension and contributes an additional 6% into the employee's Individual Account Program under PERS/OPSRP. Part-time faculty may be eligible for PERS/OPSRP if they meet the requirement of six months of employment and are working 600 hours or more per year. PCC offers a tax deferred annuity program and a deferred compensation program where employees may save additional pre-tax dollars for retirement. Paid Leave: - 2 hours sick leave per pay period, up to 32 hours per year; a maximum of 8 hours of accrued sick leave per academic year may be used for personal reasons.View a complete list of PCC benefits.Background Check RequiredYesPortland Community College complies with the Oregon Veterans' Preference in Public Employment law which provides qualifying veterans and disabled veterans with preference in employment. You will be given instructions during the application process to claim Veterans' Preference in the recruitment of this position, and to provide the documents required for verification of eligibility. Please do not send your documentation to the hiring manager directly. For verification of eligibility, please submit the following documentation:
- Veterans: DD214
- Disabled Veterans: DD214 and Letter from the Department of VA