Part Time Faculty Interest Pool - Early Childhood Education
Part Time Faculty Interest Pool - Early Childhood EducationRequisition IDreq526Academic DepartmentChild and Family StudiesCampus Sylvania Campus - 12000 SW 49th Ave, Portland, OR Position SummaryPortland Community College is accepting applications to be considered for Part-Time Faculty assignments in Early Childhood Education at the Sylvania Campus. The Department will review applications in this pool as the need arises for new part-time faculty in this area.
This is NOT an announcement of a specific open position, but a Part-time Faculty Interest Pool, from which the department will identify applicants based on course assignment needs during the Academic Year. Your application may be considered for substitute assignments as well as full term class assignments.
Candidate ProfileInstructor Qualifications
- Master’s degree in the subject area (listed below) or a Master’s degree in a related area. All Master’s degrees in the subject area or in related area, must include a minimum of 30 quarter credits of coursework in early childhood education.
- Three years, full-time equivalent, recent work in the field, specifically working with children ages infant through preschool and / or families in the field of early care and education. (“Recent” is defined as within the last 10 years.)
Degrees in the following areas should be regarded as Master’s degrees in subject area:
- Child and Family StudiesHuman DevelopmentPublic PolicyChild DevelopmentEarly Childhood EducationEarly EducationHuman ServicesFamily StudiesDevelopmental PsychologyCurriculum and InstructionMarriage and Family TherapyEarly Intervention, Early Childhood Special EducationAdult EducationAdult LearningEducationEarly Childhood StudiesFamily Studies and Human ServicesHuman EcologyChild PsychologyInfant and Family DevelopmentChild LifeDual Language/Bilingual EducationEducational StudiesReading and LiteracyCounselingTeaching
2019/2020 Hourly Rates:
- Lecture $61.15/hourLab $45.25/hourLecture/Lab $49.23/hour
Part-time faculty health insurance eligibility is based on workload during the previous academic year. Once eligible, available insurance plans include Health, Dental, and Vision options, as well as Long-term Care.
PCC currently fully funds the Oregon Public Employees Retirement System (PERS/OPSRP) pension and contributes an additional 6% into the employee's Individual Account Program under PERS/OPSRP. Part-time faculty may be eligible for PERS/OPSRP if they meet the requirement of six months of employment and are working 600 hours or more per year. PCC offers a tax deferred annuity program and a deferred compensation program where employees may save additional pre-tax dollars for retirement.
Additionally, PCC provides a tuition waiver for you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children under 24 years of age, as well as tuition reimbursement for full-time employees at other accredited institutions.
- 2 hours sick leave per pay period, up to 32 hours per year; a maximum of 8 hours of accrued sick leave per academic year may be used for personal reasons.
- Veterans: DD214
- Disabled Veterans: DD214 and Letter from the Department of VA