Part Time Faculty Interest Pool - Computer Aided Drafting and Design
Part Time Faculty Interest Pool - Computer Aided Drafting and DesignRequisition IDreq82Academic DepartmentComputer Aided Design and DraftingCampus Southeast Campus - 2305 SE 82nd Ave, Portland, ORPosition SummaryPortland Community College is accepting applications to be considered for Part-Time Faculty assignments in Computer Aided Design and Draftering. The Department will review applications in this pool as the need arises for new part-time faculty in this area.
This is NOT an announcement of a specific open position, but a Part-time Faculty Interest Pool, from which the department will identify applicants based on course assignment needs during the Academic Year. Your application may be considered for substitute assignments as well as full term class assignments.
Candidate ProfileInstructor Qualifications
- AAS degree in either Drafting Technology or Engineering Technology (unless otherwise specified for individual courses)Three years of recent technical experience in mechanical or related design
- CADD 126 Introduction to AutoCADCADD 136 Intermediate AutoCADCADD 155 Fusion 360 FundamentalsCADD 175 SolidWorks FundamentalsCADD 185 Inventor FundamentalsCADD 275 SolidWorks AdvancedCADD 285 Inventor Advanced
- Successful completion of a 200 level or higher college writing course, or successful completion of a 100 level or higher technical writing course (or equivalent technical training)Demonstrated proficiency in composing and preparing technical memos, requirement specifications, test plans, validation reports, project proposals, user research reports or related technical documentsProfessional experience presenting technical communications to clients, customers and/or management
- Demonstrated professional experience contributing to a product development team in a mechanical, design or drafting documentation role Successful completion or professional development courses related to Human Relations or Team Leadership and/or professional experience as a project manager, team lead or mechanical, design or drafting department manager
Note Regarding Academic Credentials:
- Official transcripts are required to be submitted within 2 weeks of offer date for degrees required in the stated Instructor Qualifications.
- Instructors shall have earned required academic credentials at a regionally accredited US institution or a foreign institution having the equivalent of regional accreditation. Instructors with credentials from other countries will have their transcripts evaluated by agencies that have good standing with the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services to establish fulfillment of this standard. (for more information see http://www.pcc.edu/hr/employment/faculty-information.html)
- For more information on PCC's General Instructor Qualifications Policy I301 visit:
These positions are included in the bargaining agreement between Portland Community College and the Portland Community College Faculty Federation Employees.See the PCC Instructor Qualifications webpage for more information.Part-Time Faculty Compensation
2019/2020 Hourly Rates:
- Lecture $61.15/hourLab $45.25/hourLecture/Lab $49.23/hour
Part-time faculty health insurance eligibility is based on workload during the previous academic year. Once eligible, available insurance plans include Health, Dental, and Vision options, as well as Long-term Care.
PCC currently fully funds the Oregon Public Employees Retirement System (PERS/OPSRP) pension and contributes an additional 6% into the employee's Individual Account Program under PERS/OPSRP. Part-time faculty may be eligible for PERS/OPSRP if they meet the requirement of six months of employment and are working 600 hours or more per year. PCC offers a tax deferred annuity program and a deferred compensation program where employees may save additional pre-tax dollars for retirement.
Additionally, PCC provides a tuition waiver for you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children under 24 years of age, as well as tuition reimbursement for full-time employees at other accredited institutions.
- 2 hours sick leave per pay period, up to 32 hours per year; a maximum of 8 hours of accrued sick leave per academic year may be used for personal reasons.
- Veterans: DD214
- Disabled Veterans: DD214 and Letter from the Department of VA