Pool - Shuttle Bus Driver/Transit Service Operator (Hourly / Casual)
Pool - Shuttle Bus Driver/Transit Service Operator (Hourly / Casual)Requisition IDreq14Employment TypeCasual EmployeePosition SummaryUnder the direction of the Parking & Transportation Manager, provides safe, reliable, courteous, and efficient bus transportation service to all members of the PCC community. Monitors traffic for road safety while being aware of the overall environment on the shuttle bus. Work requires daily interaction with the public in a variety of situations. May function independently with minimal direct supervision while out on route.
This Hourly Hiring Pool represents non-benefitted job openings that may become available in the future. There is no guarantee of interview or employment from this recruitment. Jobs may be located in any of several campuses and centers throughout the PCC district. Hours and schedules vary.
Service - Casual Employment.
Basic Qualifications involve the ability to perform the duties at Level II:
Level II - Duties involve labor that may require specialized training or licenses. Work is done under general supervision and may require incumbent to draw on experience and use of judgment.
- Must possess and maintain a valid "Class B" Commercial Driver's license for operation of motor vehicle and have an acceptable driving record including five years of accident free driving, with no recent moving violations.
- Must possess passenger and air brake endorsements.
- Must be able to pass a personal and criminal history background check.
- Must pass a physical examination and submit to periodic drug testing.Physical RequirementsMust be able to operate a motor vehicle sitting for long periods of time; safely assist people using personal mobility devices on and off the bus and work in all types of weather.Portland Community College complies with the Oregon Veterans' Preference in Public Employment law which provides qualifying veterans and disabled veterans with preference in employment. You will be given instructions during the application process to claim Veterans' Preference in the recruitment of this position, and to provide the documents required for verification of eligibility. Please do not send your documentation to the hiring manager directly.For verification of eligibility, please submit the following documentation:
- Veterans: DD214
- Disabled Veterans: DD214 and Letter from the Department of VA
the United States. All new employees will be required to complete the designated Immigration Service Employers Verification I-9 form.